+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: Advice required from experienced people in IT

Advice required from experienced people in IT

Hi,
    I have been working in a software MNC for 32 months. I joined here as a fresher and this is my first and only job so far. I was rated L1 (highest) last year and got a raise of 25%. My package is 5 L.
    My problem is that the guys who left the company and joined others (rated much lower than me) are now earning almost 20% more than me. So am I an idiot for staying with my current company. Need suggessions and your own experiences. Is it better for me to switch jobs. Money is one of my priorities.

PS:- I do not want vague answers like "It depends on what you want" or "The choice is yours". It you chose to post replies, please support it with numbers and statistics.

Thumbs up My word of advice

Hi,

I am not experienced in IT. I just came back from studying overseas. I am am currently searching for a new job too. If I were you, before switching job, I will do a comparison on different working/ career sites on which are some of the best industries that pays well. You have the experience, shouldn't be a problem finding another job right?

However, I am not too sure if they have any of such sites in India.
    Do they? I am still looking around. will share if I find one.

Hi Rajesh,

You have almost 2 years experience in the industry. With this experience, you can look for the jobs as a Senior Software Engineer/Programmer/Developer. The average pay scale for this designation in one of the renowned IT companies is as follows:

Salary Rs. 3, 40,067 - Rs 6, 94,469
    Bonus - Rs. 0.00 - Rs 73,404
    Profit Disbursement Rs. 2,751 - Rs 43,183
    Total Pay Rs. 3, 46,279 - Rs 7, 05,579

So, its advised to look for a better job in other companies, instead of sticking onto a particular one for many years.

Smile

Thanks for the replies. I am not a developer. I am a software tester.
    My current job also provides the benefit of location. My company is very close to where I live (with my family). So i dont have top pay for accommodation and transport. But my family will move in a few years and that benefit will be gone. So in the long run I'll have to consider all my options anyway.
    I would like to hear from people who stuck with their first job for 5 years or more. Tell me what benefits did it provide you(unless you work for google, in that case enough said )..

Hi Rajesh,

Im not sure about the benefits provided by the companies. My sincere advice to you is better try for Senior Software Testers' jobs in renowned organizations. As you said, youre from Bangalore you may find a number of companies where there are lots of scopes for software testers.

Hi Rajesh,

I agree with what Mohan said. Its better to search for some other jobs outside to get good salary hike. This is followed by most of the professionals in IT industry. If you want a salary hike, look for jobs in some other company.

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Jobs & Career
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh

AddThis Feed Button RSS Feed