+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: Hostel life in IIT Delhi

Hostel life in IIT Delhi

Hey Everyone,

If a student is willing to join IIT in Delhi, what are the rules and regulations followed in the hostel life? In precise also I would like to know about the details of the hostel, rules which includes boys and girls.

Provide me the best information.

Hi,

As of my knowledge I could collect some very important information about IIT campus in Delhi. Ill brief them below. Please take a look into it.

IIT institute includes 11 hostels having 6 for girls and 9 for boys. These hostels are named after the most important mountain ranges of our country. Every room has single and double seated rooms, TV, Computer room, table tennis room, sports room, music room etc. It is maintained by the final year students known as secretaries or in charge.

The Rules are:

Boys:

o The boys parents and other male guests can visit him in his room.
    o Lady family members will be allowed to visit the boy in his room with the permission of the custodian.
    o Non-family lady visitors will be entertained by a student in the visitors' room in the hostel from 8.00 a.m. to 8.00 p.m.

Girls:

o All girls should back from the lab work, classes etc by 11 pm.
    o In case if the girl had to stay back after 11pm then she must enter the details like name, center, hostel etc in the register book. Once she returns the exact timings should be entered.
    o The above point will be allowed only if the girl had informed the warden.
    o Final year girls are not allowed after 9pm outside the hostel. Proper entry and reason should be specified to the warden.

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Delhi
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh

AddThis Feed Button RSS Feed