+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: My Kid Is Addicted To Facebook - How To Get Rid?

My Kid Is Addicted To Facebook - How To Get Rid?

Hi friends,

Once I logged into Facebook account to chat with my cousin. My son, who is doing his fifth standard, was with me while the entire chat. After a month, I came to know that, he has opened an account by his name and using FB often at home and sometimes at his friendsí home. I feel that, this is my mistake, and I want to bring out my son from this FB addiction, as he is too young to use this kind of social-networking sites.

Please help me!!!

Hey Friend,

This is the great mistake done by the parents in front of the children. If a kid is an expert in handling the computer at this age, then this is an encouraging thing. If a kid is involved in the social-networking sites, then it will affect their education, and it will lead the child in an erroneous way.

You can bring him out from this addiction, by disconnecting your Internet Connection or make sure that, your kid is not poking his nose into FB. Always accompany him when he is using the internet in such a way that, he should not get a doubt on you that youíre sitting him to watch his actions. Do not encourage him to go to his friendsí home; instead, you can invite his friends to your home.

Make him indulge in some other extra-curricular activities, sports, dance, music, etc. always keep him engaged, so that he never get a thought of opening his FB account.

Smile hi

Hi raghav..

mistake is already done so don't think abt it now..
    just involve him in other activities like sports...
    always keep track of what he is doing and just be friendly with him all the time
    provide him some targets..something like..if he achieves gud marks..u will buy him this or that.......
    at this age....u don't give him much time other than playing.........

OMG.... Your son's age is to very early to create an account on Face book. He will not stop it as he is not aware of self control and continues to perform the same.

You must assign him many activities like sports, home works, creative works like art, music etc. If he denies listening, you must make his friends to advice him the right path.

I am very sure it really works out. Implement on him immediately.

All the best!

Keep Parental control to your PC. This might be helpful to keep kid's away from FB..

As you have already done the mistake so don't think of it now just think of how to bring out your kid by facebook addiction.first try to keep your password for your internet connection and tell his friend's parents about this so that they will also restrict to their child.

As the damage is already done, one you can never get him away form Facebook to be frank. If to seat with him and tell him this is not the right time to use Facebook and try to have family time ever you can, and have a admin password for your system and never tell him the password in any circumstances.

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Toddlers & Kids
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh

AddThis Feed Button RSS Feed