+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: Sankranti customs and tradition 2013

Sankranti customs and tradition 2013

Hey All,

I willing to know some of the information on sakranthi customs and tradition if any of you aware of this please revert back to me over here soon waiting for your replies guys..

Hi Dear Friend, I don’t know much about this festival but Whatever information’s that I know I would like to share with you,

Sankranthi is celebrated in all over India by Hindus. Most of the cities it is known as a kite festival for example Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Goa, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Manipur, Orissa, Sikkim, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand and West Bengal, These states they will celebrate as kite festival, In this auspicious day peple will exchange Til Gul (Sesame-Jaggery sweet). Buy New clothes doing poojas.

Sankranti is known as Pongal in Tamil Nadu. There, it is a three-day festival, starting from January 13 until January 15.

In this 3 days different names are like :

First Day – Bhogi
    Second Day - Makara Pongal
    Third day – Mattu Pongal

If I have given any wrong information I apologise for it, if any one knows even better than me kindly revert back Thank you for this oppertunity...

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in About Homeland
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh

AddThis Feed Button RSS Feed