+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: What Can I Use Instead Of Eggs in Cake Mix

What Can I Use Instead Of Eggs in Cake Mix

Hi friends,

I知 heading out for a get-together with my friends, which was organized by my close friend. We are meeting after two years. She goes crazy for cakes. Though she loves cakes, but she値l eat only eggless cakes. I知 planning to surprise her by giving a delicious and sumptuous cake on the day we meet. I thought of preparing it by myself. I know that, most of the cakes are prepared using eggs.

Can anyone list all the substitutes that of eggs to prepare a luscious cake for my beloved friend???

Hi Anjaana,

You can make cakes without eggs. Some of the most common substitutes for eggs are:

Milk
    Soy Milk
    Bananas
    Applesauce
    Egg Beaters
    Baking powder
    Flax-seed and water

Some of the mixtures that are equivalent to one egg are:

2 TBS arrowroot flour
    2 TBS potato starch
    1 TBS cornstarch + 3 TBS water

1 tsp baking powder + 1 1/2 TBS water + 1 1/2 TBS oil
    1 tsp baking powder + 1 TBS water + 1 TBS vinegar
    1 TBS vinegar + 1 tsp baking soda

2 TBS applesauce
    Unflavored Gelatin: Dissolve 1 TBS gelatin in 1 TBS cold water. Beat in 2 TBS boiling water until frothy.

Banana: Mash 1/2 of a banana (ripe) until smooth then mix in 1/4 tsp baking powder.
    Chia Seeds: Grind 1 TBS white chia seed meal in a spice grinder then mix in 3 TBS warm water. Allow to sit for about 5 minutes before using.

Hope, this information could be useful to make a mouth-watering cake for your close friend!!!

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Food & Drinks
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh

AddThis Feed Button RSS Feed