+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: Margazhi Matha Palangal 2013

Margazhi Matha Palangal 2013

Hello everyone,

Recently, I went to my friend’s home for the semester holidays in the mid of December. They’re purely Vegans and from orthodox family. I was surprised to see all the family members waking up early in the morning, taking bath and going to temples. This is not only in their home; the neighbors also did the same. I asked this to an elder in his family. They replied that, most of the people would follow this in Margazhi month, which is meant as a sacred month.

I used to see predictions only for English months. This is the first time; I would like to know the Margazhi Matha Palangal 2013.

Hi Shilpa,

Margazhi masam is the ninth month in Tamil Calendar and comes between Karthikai and Thai months. This Month is known for Music and worship. This year Margazhi month starts on Monday, 16th December 2013 and ends on Monday 13th January 2014.

According to Bhagavad gita Lord Sri Krishna quoted “Maasanam Margasheershoham”, i.e among the twelve months, I am Margazhi. This means that, Margazhi is auspicious among all the months. Rendering of Tiruppavai and Tiruvembavai, Bhajanai and Unjavrithi are the major highlights during this month. Another major tradition during the month is drawing kolams (rangoli) daily in front of houses and temples.

Margazhi Masam is dedicated for worship and meditation. For this reason there are no festivals and functions in this month. Carnatic music concerts are held during this month. Tamil culture is famous for fasting. Vaikunta Ekadasi fasting is observed during this month. Aarudra Dharisanam and Vaikunda Ekadasi are the festivals observed during this month.

Pray your favorite god and get all your desires fulfilled in this Margazhi!!!

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in About Homeland
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh

AddThis Feed Button RSS Feed