+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: what to expect? and what to talk about?

Question what to expect? and what to talk about?

Hello everyone,

what i ask is something i consider very important... m at a juncture of my life where soon i will have to find a life partner, not immediately but in about 2-3 years time.

but what i feel now is somethn dat confuses and in a way scares me a little.

When i look around i see a lot of ppl already in relationships, lot of ppl having gone way to far with it.. it feels that almost everyone (specially girls) would have had some sort of a relationship in their life.. is it true? that by the age of 25+ when u are looking to get married, it will be way to difficult to find a girl who hasn't been in a relationship??

secondly, when i think of someone whom i want to come in my life.. i feel that, it doesn't matters to me if she is fair or dark, tall or short, is an engineer\doctor or english (hons).. or any other such thing.. what i feel is that when she comes into my life, i should be her priority.. i mean i don't want to marry someone who is like "i was looking to get married, you were one of the options and u seemed decent and thats why i married you", NO, she should come to me coz she wants to be with me, she should feel that either its you or no one... but then, is it too much to ask? i mean from a girls point of view, can anybody tell me, m i expecting too much? i want to be special to her, so that she sees me differently and likes me all along...

thirdly, i often think of something else too, at times when i feel that there might be a chance that i end up with no one... the kind of girl m looking for, might not even exist.. so what do i do then? compromise with life and just get married to whoever my parents think is right for me? start a family even if its not the way i wanted to do it? or can i be that bold to then follow my dreams, research and be alone my entire life? that idea seems frightening as i don't like being alone.. but i don't know in what situation i might be after 3 years or so...

and lastly, what do girls think about the guy they want to get married? what would they want to know before they make their decision? i mean, if it has to be an arranged marriage and m meeting the girl for the first time, its impossible to decide by just meeting once. what if i tell her that i want to go out with her for a while, see how we are liking each other's company... be like frns for a couple of months and then decide.. would she and her family agree?

Hi rocky!!
    You started travelling in different track.. Nice to see your post after long days… Now you understood that you are not a loser… You are just going to complete your education… Entire life is there with you… Don’t take too much tension about your partner…
    I want to ask you a small question… What’s wrong if you get married to a girl of your parent’s choice? Love happens at first sight are old dialogues.. In this century, girls became more smarter.. You have to win their heart.. Otherwise they won’t fall in love with you.. And rocky, winning a girls heart is the most tiff thing in the world.. You should be very careful with girls.. Even if you do hell lot of things to win her heart, one small misunderstanding may break your image… Once you won her heart means, trust me, she won’t let you alone at any cost..
    My suggestion is whoever comes in your life, try to win her heart… She will stay in your life till her last breathe..

[QUOTE=Pragati Rane;280751]Hi rocky!!
    You started travelling in different track.. Nice to see your post after long days… Now you understood that you are not a loser… You are just going to complete your education… Entire life is there with you… Don’t take too much tension about your partner…
    I want to ask you a small question… What’s wrong if you get married to a girl of your parent’s choice? Love happens at first sight are old dialogues.. In this century, girls became more smarter.. You have to win their heart.. Otherwise they won’t fall in love with you.. And rocky, winning a girls heart is the most tiff thing in the world.. You should be very careful with girls.. Even if you do hell lot of things to win her heart, one small misunderstanding may break your image… Once you won her heart means, trust me, she won’t let you alone at any cost..
    My suggestion is whoever comes in your life, try to win her heart… She will stay in your life till her last breathe..[/QUOTE]

thanks pragati, i understand your point... but then i feel a little scared and awkward for arrange marriages.. i mean there are so many ifs and buts in it.. I am to an extent a very emotional person who needs emotional support from those whom i hold very near to me.. how can i decide on whether or not i want to marry someone by meeting just once? or twice? will winning her heart guarantee that she will treat me the same way as i treat her??

Life is such a beautiful thing; it has many ups and downs, trials and tribulations, joys and sorrows. Everything is in our hand; we should make them brighter and happier. Sometimes even for a simple thing we feel sad and get depressed, that should not be the case. Always be bold to face any kind of situation, and then you will come up in life. I don’t think all the girls are like that, there are some good girls also; so better look for a girl who will take care of you and be with you throughout the life time. No worries......about your future, there will be a girl for you, and you will find her very soon.........

Hope you got it....

Thumbs up Personality matters the most.

Looks like you wasted your whole like for school and now confused where you stand, not much into school and zero in dating and relationship world. Women is very important part of this society, be it your wife, you sister, your gf, your wife. People in today's world, start dating younger so that by the time they turn 30 they know what kinda person they are looking for. Everything in life is based on personality. Personality is independent of caste, religion, race. Personality- Some are rude, some are mean, some are polite, some are just slow, some are arrogant some are obnoxious, some are caring, some are spiritual, some are adventurous, some are homebodies, some are loud, some are quiet, some are show off, some are decent, some like to dress up, some are simple yet beautiful, some are smart some are cocky, some are multitasking some are not. Dating helps you know what kinda person you are and what kinda person you are looking for. Just because she is a engineer, doc does she make a good wife? Absolutely not, women needs to soft spoken loving and caring. What if she is a alpha female, can you handle her?
    Women say you are decent guy so i want to marry you, which means she likes you are as a friend, there is huge difference between friends and lover or husband. Arrange marriage is a jackpot, you decide if you want to chance. More so ever, arrange marriage is more beneficial to parents bcos they can find a women who will always be under them and take care of them when they are old. What if she had a lover and could not get married due to family pressure and so ends up marrying you? Will she be always happy?
    So do not be loser go get out of home. Do not be shy. I am here to encourage you to meet people. Talk to them, see where you stand, what you like and dislike. If you get married to a person you do not like, you just wasted you own life. There is no rush for marriage. Its your life give it a shot. Goodluck!

Hey rocky,

If you want such a girl then you have to wait for some more time. Don’t be in a hurry, but be wise in choosing a girl for you. This world is so corrupted with lot of unwanted things, practices etc....and it is really hard to find a right girl. So wait for quite sometime. Don’t pressurize yourself by having all such silly thoughts. Stay active and be positive. That is all i can say.....

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Love, Friendship, Dating & Relationships
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh

AddThis Feed Button RSS Feed