+Post New Topic + Post Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The real aim of the marriage function

The real aim of the marriage function

The actual aim of the function is also lost and other unnecessary aims are linked. The real aim of the marriage function is that the priest (Acharya) called as Brahma or Vasishtha explains the couple through the Vedic hymns, the co-operation between the husband and wife to succeed in the materialistic life, which is the basis for their spiritual effort. The main goal is the co-operation between the husband and wife in the spiritual effort to achieve the grace of God before the end of this human life. The explanation of this concept through Vedic statements makes the ritual a class of preaching (Jnana Yajna). But, today neither the priest nor any one there is aware of the meaning of Vedic hymns. The priest reads the Vedic hymns like a tape recorder and nobody there is bothered about the Vedic meaning. Since, the main goal is lost, unnecessary goals have taken over the charge of function. The unnecessary goals are: exhibition of egoistic show of the crowd, exhibition of financial status through the level of expenditure, receiving gifts for giving feast as a reciprocating business, finding faults with each other (both the parties of bride and bridegroom) etc. The parents and the couple become interested in the crowd of people surrounding them with praise and greetings, since they never had such opportunity in their life by way of some special achievement. They satisfy their psychological interest for fame by this way! They are unaware of their own weakness due to lack of self analysis! You must do some great work for the society and the people should surround you with greetings in spontaneous way.

how pious is the thought!

thesev days when couples are living-in and if married then also getting divorced at a flinch...........your thought is divine buddy!

hoping that every human thinks in the same manner!

I know, when the meaning is not known, we follow empty rituals like idiots. I say that every couple should create their own wedding ceremony,in a way that is meaningful to them. Some celebrity just went to an island and have a very simple wedding with just a priest and the two of them standing beneath the sky and in front of the ocean. It's cute, some of them are very creative.

The way I see it, every wedding you go to, the routine is exactly the same thing. Some couples follow right down to the minute detail. For example, if the groom should be on the left side or right side . It's interesting to watch how people try to copy other people to fit in and be accepted. There are so much concern about what others think, that we are not expressing our authentic self. Instead, we are just trying to live up to the ideals that others set for us. Some of the ideals are so crazy, yet everyone is following it to the letter. One of these ideal is that women are somehow lower than men, and that they should be raised up to obey. Everyone just follow this idea to the letter, if someone is smart enough to think for themselves and not follow these eroneous ideas, they get criticized by the crowd. Or gets some question like" Didn't your parents trained you properly like everybody else? ."

Like what is said in the original post, whatever is done as a ritual after losing the significance of it, is utter nonsense. People have been copying one another not for now, but for ages and life is become like photostat after numerous photostats. The master/original copy is lost and beauty is no one has it.. |-) So all it is now drama enacted for the first night. Otherwise it would seem that they have just allowed their duaghter to have sex. All these to just show that they are concerned.

> channel wrote:

> I know, when the meaning is not known, we follow empty rituals like idiots.

Some of the ideals are so crazy, yet everyone is following it to the letter. One of these ideal is that women are somehow lower than men, and that they should be raised up to obey. Everyone just follow this idea to the letter, if someone is smart enough to think for themselves and not follow these eroneous ideas, they get criticized by the crowd. Or gets some question like" Didn't your parents trained you properly like everybody else? ."
    >>>>>>
    :-D :-D |-) well said. Contiguous chiding. and they are just relentless in their pursuits.. and the worst is the woman of the past are the one who make woman for future and ensure that females are projected as woman, and not otherwise. They ensure that females are not just pierced in their ear or nose.. but also in their mind.

I dont understand where the discussion is going on.. eshan, sorry to ask you but what you want to say.. would please be more clear...

in simple words, I am saying that woman are not born, but made as woman. Right from childhood females are pierced / adorned with so many ornaments physically and intellectually, to mould them as woman.. Gender is an Artificial Infliction.

Males made themselves as Men, and kept the other as Wif-Male & Wif-Men. We as future of the then past, now suffer the consequences.

Ya, its true..males always want to dominate..
    Wif-Male & Wif-Men?? means what??

Well.. its a contiguous disease passed on by the past inflicting the innocent future.

It is my deduction that there was no separate name for females.. and they were made as "wifmales" and "wifmen".. In old english "with" was "wif", which later was modified as "with" & "wife" so as to distinguish the words. So "wifemale" and "wifemen" became "female" and "wimmen" => "woman".

ok.. so how do take the word? means being a male,personally what do you think about it? what do you think, women should be dominated by men? Do they born to be dominated by men?

Absolutely No. In fact there is no such thing as gender and so there is no such thing as male and female.. we are just two models of the same gender.

In fact the book that I would be publishing soon, is "Pro-family Anti-marriage" and advising the future to rid itself out of the marriage system. It is this marriage system that creates this dominance and we keep following traditions without being aware of its lethality.

ok..thats good..so you are publishing book.. but why you choose the title as "Pro-family Anti-marriage"? which topics the book will be focusing on? If you dont mind than, tell me..

okk.. I'll try to give my views on it..

Your book will be addressing only the Indian society, right?

Nope.. the entire world

But do you think in other western countries, the situation is like our country? I think you are also from India only, right?

Yes. Absolutely the same. Yes I am from India.. and found that if Asians are confused in one way, the westerners are confused the other way. {anyways, Im closing for the day... email me.. or lets ketchup tomo}

ok.. westerners are confused in which ways? can you make it clear..

Hi sweety, hope you see that the conversation is getting more private between us, and it is not good that we use a public place for this.

I could see your inquisitiveness and your zest for knowledge, but beyond a point a public forum cannot be used for it. In fact the technology is such that you and me can create a book by continuing this exchange more direct. So lets think of focussing our energies in the right direction, rather than letting it evaporate.

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Love, Friendship, Dating & Relationships
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh

AddThis Feed Button RSS Feed