+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: how to convince mom

Hi friends.

I m in love wid guy living in my neighborhood. Our families are very close. They came to live in our neighborhood in 1998 and we first met in 2000, since then we are friends. He used to come at our home frequently to study because at his home he did not have calm atmosphere to study. Then we got close because we used to study together and he helped me a lot in my studies. We shared every little problem with each other whether related to family or study, or else. Then when he got job he purposed me for marriage. I asked my family. But they refused, even my sisters, saying they are from different culture and also we allowed you both to talk to each other and study for hours together, what the people living in our neighbor will say. They stopped talking that guy. His family did not know anything about it at that time. When they started searching girl for him his sister suggested my name, firstly they were happy because they love and like me very much but then they refused because they knew that my mom will never agree for because we are from different culture. Then when he talked to his mom, she said I will talk to her mother about it only if she ready for this marriage, now tell me how to convince my mom because she is very stubborn and rigid, and very bounded to our culture.

First of all i want to tell you that you are lucky girl becoz God has endowed you the most beautiful thing.. that is LOVE.

I will suggest you to tell you Bf to convince her mom to talk to your mom and in the meantime you should also start convincing your family members. Since your mom is strict, start from your brother and sister. than dad and lastly your mam.

I hope u will get your love.

God bless you.

Come on try hard else you will be crying through out your life.

Yar problem is that everytime i try to talk to them they start crying and emotionally blackmail me saying you will bring bad name to our family. We had proud on u. I don't speak too much in front of elders that's why i find uncomfortable to discuss more on this topic. My elder sisters are married they start saying wht their in law family wil say.

Yaar i can understand...this is the problem in our society..we are more concerned abt others (neighbours, relatives,etc) than our happiness. Yours parents know u will be more than happy with your soulmate becoz both of u knw each other since last several years and it really provides a good base for long relationship like marriage. I will jst pray n suggest that try to convince your family members as per situation and mood. Also tell him to request his parents to try to convince your family..

Rest depends upon family..

Agar really mein Rab ne tumhari jodi banayi hai to koi bhi tumher rok nahi sakta...

God bless u....

Hello
    Can you Please elaborate a bit like what this guy is doing these days... what is the difference in culture that you are quoting (caste, religion, language or ethnicity).....Do u have any one in your family or relatives who is supporting you....etc....
    every one here will trsy to give you good advise best as per their capacity.... All the best....

Hi ashi,

He is a engineer in reputed company. I think he is a perfect person to marry (for me). He is from punjabi brahmin family and i am brahmin from Uttrakhand. No, i do not have anyone in family who is supporting me because all r very concerned about what people will say. I really do not know what to do coz i feel if i will marry any other guy it will be cheating coz i wont be having any feelings for him as i luv this guy a lot and always think him as my husband. I do all rituals as his wife. I fast for him. I pray for him. I obey him. I respect him. I take his words as god's saying. I luv him a lot. Really do not know what to do. Sometime, i think how horrible my life would be if my parents will marry me to other guy. I do not want anyother to even touch me. Why parents do not understand that how we can give ourself to someone else when we luv someone.

Hi Pallavi

Hope u r fine and doing well. You guys have no other option but to persist with your demands.... I'd suggest that you try to convince your parents.. specially your mother. there will be few moments of tears. emotions... scolding and few other things... but you have to be firm on your stance... and remember... Please be firm but polite.... there is little difference between firmness and rudeness.....

Only time will tell them that you guys are made for each other.... But you have to bear the pain and trauma till that time..........

All the best
    Ashish

Hi
    The best way to convince parents for love marriage is plz beg and say that he/she is your life and future existence without him/her will be blunt and deadly…

This above statement must be specified only if he/she is eligible for that. If he/she is irresponsible and not in right position for marriage, kindly don’t convince your parents!!

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Love, Friendship, Dating & Relationships
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh

AddThis Feed Button RSS Feed