+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: Space Training for my Son.... need help

My 12-year-old is fascinated by space. He keeps talking about being an astronaut and walking on moon :) . Is there any way I can groom him in this aspect?

Bharat, If you really want your son to be an astronaut than try to get some information on it. I think you are from B'lore and there are some reputed institute for space science in B'lore itself. but your son is too younger for that.. let him finish his +2 than only he can get in to it..

You can teach him about space in a manner which he’ll enjoy and understand. For instance there’s Space Camp in India. They take kids to the US Space and Rocket Centre at Huntsville. There they are given hands-on astronaut training. They are also taught basic mathematics and physics related to the space. I think your kid will love the experience and this will also help him gain confidence and conviction for his future. They have a group on Facebook, might help you to decide. :) Anyways here’s their link [url]www.spacecampindia.com[/url] . Best of luck!

Space Camp is a very good idea. Even my kid is crazy about the space, that's why we sent him to this camp last year. You're right Tripti ... the camp really helps hone the child's interest in space and at the same time also helps in developing the overall personality of the kid. Since the time he has come back from the camp he can't stop talking about the experiences he has had and the friends he has made. I am sure every kid interested in space will benefit from the experience that Space Camp India provides ... (well ... i do need to tell my son about the face book group .. he'll certainly be excited about it... can u give me the url pls Tripti??)

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Parenting Teenager
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh

AddThis Feed Button RSS Feed