+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: Capital Gain Exemption on Sale of Agricultural land

I have sold our ancestoral agricultural land in Punjab recently. We have been told that it is within 8 Kms of municipal limits and hence categorised as urban land, which is taxable for the purpose of CG (rural land is tax free). Further research indicated that proceeds from agricultural land may either be re-invested in purchase of another agricultural land or a residential property in order to be eligible for Capital gain rebate under income tax. Investment in Commercial property is not eligible for any rebate.

1. Can anyone please confirm if this is correct.
    2. Also, if I buy residential property will I get the benefit of cost indexing as I will get if I re-invest in agricultural land?

I do not intend to purchace another agricultural land, therefore, the only option left for me in to buy residential land. BUT, now I find out that since I already own a residential property in India, I cannot claim capital gain rebate on that new property I may be planning to buy.

1. Can someone tell me if this is true? Is CG rebate not eligible on the second residential property. I though there was an ammendement to this section sometime back and second house is eligible
    2. If it is true, then in my case how can I get the benefit of the CG rebates?

Dear Mr. Walia,

This is to introduce ourselves as an exclusive professional organisation devoted to assist NRIs, we are also launching our exclusive web portal shortly.

We have noted your query with interest and understand your requirements, you will be pleased to learn that we can help you with all your concerns including but not limited to the following: -

a) To avail maximum waiver of CG tax, thus, saving your money.

b) Advice you on the best investments in the area of your interests.

c) Help you in negotiating the deal at the best rates, thus, making a sound profitable investment.

Since ours is a professional organisation our services come with a charge.

In case you are interested you can reach us at [email]ramnikmann@gmail.com[/email]

Regards,

Ramnik Singh Mann
    0091 9216955575

Are you interested in buying plots/ flats/ duplex houses in Mohali/Chandigarh, INDIA ?
    Following options available:

1. Residential plots in Zirakpur , very near to Zkr-Chandigarh Highway in a well planned colony near Defence Enclave, Swastik Vihar. The plot sizes are 100, 200, 300 sq yards (Gaj). in the pricerange of Rs. 11, 22 and 33 lacs each.

2. Independent Duplex House with complete interior designing - 3 bedrooms, 1 hall cum dining, 3 bathrooms, 2 dressing, one store/ pooja room, modular kitchen, bar, 2 balconies and 1 varanda, car parking, full wood work in all rooms and dressings, branded fittings including split AC, RO, Gyser etc. Cost: 40 Lacs

3. For sale 3BHK luxirious flat in Swastik Vihar, Patiala - Chd Road, Zirakpur. Covered area 1300 sq. ft approx. top quality modular kitchen with all fittings. branded fittings in bathrooms. Interior designing by professionals. Cost Rs. 26 lacs . Price: 26 Lacs

Contact: Aman, +91 9872350173, [email]aman22jan@gmail.com[/email]

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in NRI's World
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh

AddThis Feed Button RSS Feed