+Post New Topic + Post Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Share Your Travel Experience In India

Hey guys

I like traveling and I have been to various tourist places in India.

To share our travel experiences, I have made this thread.

So, without any ado, feel free to post your experiences regards traveling in India.

At Your Service
    Damsel

Thanks Damsel for starting this......

@ damsel-- thank u very much. but sach kahun mere pass share krne k liye kuch b nahi hai. But jo post karega, main usko dhyan se read karunga.

You are welcome buddies. But you guys didn't mention anything else.

My last trip was to Goa, though I restricted myself to North Goa. It's a nice place to have fun. However, the weather was terrible. We stayed at our hotel in daytime, enjoyed the pool. In the evening, it's good to check out the beaches and also enjoyed water sports (though not much).

wow....................goa is a beautiful place to enjoy.

@ Damsel - Hope i am not too late...

My last trip was one day ride to gwalior on my bike.... started at 5 in the morning, reached gwalior at 11.30, visited fort, saw all the buildings....and came back in the night itself....covered 642 km while doing this... enjoyed a lot........

If all of you want, i can post my travelogue here......wat say guys.....

@ Ashi - That's great. Your trip must be really an adventurous one.
    Alas! I cannot drive a bike.

Yes, of course, you can post your travelogue.

@ Damsel - why cant you ride a bike.... you can, if you want to....

Anyway... posting the travelogue for all of you........

it is really difficult to start something new...and touring is something which was into my mind for quite sometime... but due to some or other reasons i couldn't start...coupled with apprehensions in the mind of my loved ones.....

Somehow finally i made a plan to go to Nainital in second week of April on bike... Everything was set but at the last moment it was canceled due to some unexplainable reason.

But i was really not ready to let these holidays of three days go waste so decided to do something alone.. a short small and sweet trip.. only me and my bike....

Date : 10th April 2009 - Good Friday

Bike : Bajaj Discover 125

Distance covered : 642 Kms.

Place : Gwalior

i had planned a tip to nainital this month which was canceled due to some unavoidable reasons. but itch to go somewhere was still there and i just wanted to run away from everything, wanted to ride hard and wanted to see something new.

By the grace of god there were 3 holidays in a row due to good Friday and i decided to go somewhere on Friday itself. On Friday i woke up at 4 AM and got ready by 5. Pick up my camera, a water bottle and some biscuits. I was still thinking that where i should go that I'll be back in a day itself . anyway i left home and reached mathura road and decided to go towards Mathura.

At that time i thought that i'll reach mathura and will spend the day there. Roads were empty and a pleasure to ride. up to Ballabhgarh i rode at a sedate speed of 40-50 (Wanted to warm up the engine oil a bit before increasing the speed) and after that i gradually increased to 70. I have a 4 years old Bajaj Discover which is in just OK condition. I did not want to put too much stress on the bike and continuously rode at 70 something up to Hodal where i stopped to take my first Tea and pee brake.

while i was having my tea i noticed that some oil was leaking from last point of chain cover.. i checked and found out that bike stood on a wrong angle and that's why oil in carburetor leaked thru Air pipe. I corrected my mistake and everything was perfect. However still it took around 10 kicks to start again.

I had reached hodal at 6.15 AM and i was seriously thinking at that time to have breakfast in Agra. I just love Bedai-jalebi in Agra. Just for info, I did my Graduation from Agra and my hometown is on 25 Km from there.

Till than i had pretty much decided to skip mathura and go to Agra instead. i crossed Kosi-kalan, Mathura Refinery in a ziffy and reached Agra at 8.20 AM. But in midway when i was crossing Sikandara (At Mathura Road around 6 Km befre agra) i saw that gates of Sikandara are closed and i realised that as its a friday so i wont be able to visit any monument. Neverthless i Stopped at Bhagwan crossing and had my breakfast at Hukum Chand Sweet shop. After 4 Bedai and 100gm Jalebi with Curd i was pretty satisfied. First target was achieved.

Now the big problem was that i had nowhere to go in agra due to weekly closure. i had an option of going my home which is only 25 km but i wanted to go somewhere else. somewhere i haven't been before and after a moment of thought i decided to go to Gwalior after re-confirming the distance (120 Km from Agra).

Started once again only to face horrible raod and a traffic jam in dholpur. i had to go back and found a alternative way thru a village to cross that jam. somehow managed to crossed dholpur and River chambal. after that roads were pure bliss till gwalior. i continuously rode till gwalior and managed to reached Gwalior Fort at 11.30 AM after covering 322 Km.

Most of the fort is in ruins but it is very interesting for those who love historical places and ruins.

When i started riding back at 5 PM, i was unsure whether i'll come back to faridabad in the night itself or will have a night stay somewhere in middle. I was quite tired and i decided to come back to agra and if my condition permits, upto Mathura. I hoped to reach agra within two hour but Heavy jam at Dholpur and in agra ensured that i took three hours to cross agra. It was already 8 PM and i was becoming more and more tired but again i decided to go upto Mathura and spend the night there.

I reached Mathura at 9 PM and stopped at a roadside Dhaba to have Dinner. Ordered aloo palak roti along with a quarter butter and salad followed by a cup of dark strong tea. Dont know whether i was very hungry or food was too good but it taste awesome at that time. After fulfilling my hunger i realized that i was feeling good and i started feeling like i can ride once again. i also realized at that time as i did not had anything substantial during the day apart from a patties and a bottle of slice at the fort so i was feeling tiredness.

i once again hit the road at 10 PM after spending an Hour at that Dhaba, rode back hard and reached Faridabad at around 12.10 AM. My left leg was next to dead, my eyes were as red as a tomato, my shoulders and back was hurting like anything and my butt was completely sore. Ride k side effects...

Total Distance covered : 642 Kms.
    Damage :
    Petrol - 500 Rs.
    Food and Water - 150 Rs.
    Ticket at Fort - 5 Rs.
    Satisfaction - Priceless...

Maximum in a day ever. My personal best was 274 Km before this ride. Looking forward to hit the road again...

@ ashi- gr8................

@ ashi - Amazing yaar. I never tried my hand at writing travelogue. Now certainly I will try to do. Really it must be nice to read those things long after the trip.

@ damsel- Bilkul, aap b likho. Main b padhunga.

@ Damsel - this was my first travelogue which i posted on some other travel site...reposted it here......Hope that you liked it......

And yes, it is always good to read these things... It refresh your memory and gives you a zeal to do more.....:)

hi...now there are all these travelblogs which are of a great help if you want to read up on specific topics related to travel...also when you read someone else's post you remember all your travel experiences and the fun you had then !!

Thanks Sophia for your comments....

damsel...yaar kyun mera dil jalati ho :-( ..i really wanted to visit india..my dad was in army tu pehlay tu kabhi ja hi nai sakti thi..dua karo meray hub ko meri masum shakal per reham aa jayay aur woh mujhay india lay ayay.

@ Nado > Dear sister, hum sab dua krte hain ki aap India aa jao.....kyonki hum b aap se milna chahte hain....Bcoz u r so sweet sister of me & Ashu.....we luv u sister....

This time, I went to Vrindavan - half day trip on last Sunday.

Earlier we used to have frequent trips to Vrindavan but couldnt get the chance to go this year until the last Sunday. It is actually fun to be with family. We left at 3:00 pm and reached there within 2-1/2 hour; took a break of 15 minutes as the car tyre got punctured. And I was home by 11:45 pm.

Trip was, on the whole, good; however the priests at Bankey Bihari Temple have made that place totally commercial. Its disgusting to see that they work as pimps to get even "prasad" from the temple.

Vrindavan is totally commercialized these days... I hate going there......Give me Keshav katra (Janmbhumi) any day..............thats 10 times better......

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in India Travel
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh