+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: Should A Teenage Girl Allowed To Go In A Late Night Party?

My daughter is 16 year old and is studying in 11th class. She is telling me that one of her best friends' birthday parting is being celebrated and she is invited there. She wants to stay all night there as it's not safe to come back to the home alone at mid night. But I'm afraid that she might drink some hard drinks there. I'm so confused because it's her best friend's party and she is very excited to attend it, so I can't refuse to allow her to go. Do you think that I should let her go?

yes bt not alone.. u can send someone from ur relatives, he might be her cousin bro or nyone else.. nd u can aslo go along wid her if u can manage...otherwise dont let her go alone as night parties r not safe for girls..

thanx janvi1988 for your quick reply, but it's not easy for me to directly disallow her, as she is my 'ladli', so could you suggest how can I say no to her, so that she won't mind also. I can't see her crying. I have no son, she is my only child and how can I stay all night at her friends home, it's a little odd.
    please suggest something else.

hmmm can u see hers those tears which she may get from ny unavoidable circumstances..i mean she is too young to understand abt people nd as of now dere r so many cunning boys nd they can take advantage of it..so its better to see her these tears instead those...

It is not good or safe for a girl to wander on the streets and go to pubs or discotheques, especially at nights. In India, women are respected as goddesses. Let them preserve their identity. Let them not loose repect. For example, A goddess in the temple is respected outmost as long as she is the temple. But she loses respect if she keeps wandering on the streets in tomboyish attires. These days girls are roaming on the streets at nights like tomboys, and as a result crimes against women have been increased rapidly. There is a very popular saying that "Men get spoiled by staying in, Women get spoiled by moving out".

Thankx Janvi1988,
    rameshraju, you talk like my mother. You recalled my childhood days.

anymore ideas. please suggest...

Hi Kamya,

As Janvi mentioned it is not safe for young girls to be left all through the night especially at parties. I can understand your predicament.

Check with your daughter, where the party is going to be held and how many people are expected.

If possible talk to your daughter's friend's mom and check if they would be available throughout at the venue or are they going to leave the youngsters to themselves to enjoy.

If it is the first one, then you dont have to worry, you can tell them to keep an eye on your daughter.

Also check with them if they are planning to serve alcohol at the party. If yes, then it is a cause of concern.

Check with your daughter who else had been invited. if you know of any close friend of hers who is also going then have a chat with her to take care of each other.

Does your daughter drink or are you guessing that she might ? If you have a doubt, tell her to keep away from liquor as the drinks might be spiked and it would lead to unneccessary problems for her. Tell her to enjoy the party, have fun but not to drink at any cost and that you are sending her on that condition only.

Where is your husband ? why cant he go and pick her up once the party is over ? That would be the best solution.

Sanjay

Kamya wrote:

> My daughter is 16 year old and is studying in 11th class. She is telling me that one of her best friends' birthday parting is being celebrated and she is invited there. She wants to stay all night there as it's not safe to come back to the home alone at mid night. But I'm afraid that she might drink some hard drinks there. I'm so confused because it's her best friend's party and she is very excited to attend it, so I can't refuse to allow her to go. Do you think that I should let her go?

hi Kamya!
    sanjay is right, you have to talk to her friends parents regarding the party. you can tell them to be their with children, or send some responsible person along. And if even then you have any doubts, you should simply tell her not to go and stay at home. you can explain her about the concerns you have for her.

Hi Sonal,

No news from Kamya about what happened atlast ?

Sanjay

sonal6 wrote:

> hi Kamya!
    sanjay is right, you have to talk to her friends parents regarding the party. you can tell them to be their with children, or send some responsible person along. And if even then you have any doubts, you should simply tell her not to go and stay at home. you can explain her about the concerns you have for her.

i think Sanjay has given an excellent advice..
    i feel that this is the best way to deal..
    also i might sound odd but i have started a topic on this forum which talks about the dissconnect between parents and teenagers..
    - parents indifference topwards teenage issues
    as i feel that there is a gap between our understanding of each other and us being more mature should be taking the first step towwards them.. kindly visit it and give your advice..

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Parenting Teenager
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh