+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: Is It Safe To Leave Your Small Child With A Maid Servant, Alone?

Hi friends!
    I am a working women and living in anuclear family?
    I leave my child alone in care of my maid servant, but I feel bad about it. I am upset as is it right to leave your child alone with a maid sevant??

women need not go for jobs when their husbands are earning lot money and caring. they can go out for jobs when their husbands are incapable, careless and irresponsible or physically handycapped. By nature children grow under mother's wings. It is not safe to put a child in maid's care or in child care center. In the absence of mother's care, children will turn into anti-social elements or cultureless brutes. Children of working women will be safe in joint families.

ramesh

i totally disagree with ur view "they can go out for jobs when their husbands are incapable, careless and irresponsible or physically handycapped" What do u mean by that. All those famalies where husband and wife both r working, at all those places ur this categarisation works?????? I m sorry, u r nt right here. Women r working today as they want to be a helping hand towards giving a better life style to their family. Also woking makes them more aware, confident and self-dependent and strong to cater for better living. Ur categorization doesnt fit in many of the cases. Yes, i also support this fact that children shud nt be left with maid servants, there shud be proper caring for them as they may get spoil.....

Hi Siloninath,

In Todays world, its become more of a neccessity for the husband and the wife to work if they have to make both ends meet or to enhance their standard of living. Its not all the time that the husband earns a very handsome salary so that the wife can stay at home and take care. I agree that would be an ideal situation, but in reality its not possible.

Moreover, in some cases, the wife is also well educated and till such time a baby is born she might want to work and if mutually acceptable to both, the wife starts working.

As you mentioned in your case, that you would need to work, then there is no alternative but to leave the child in the care of a maid. But you would need to choose a maid who is trustworthy, train her for a couple of months by being with her on how to take care of the baby and then only you should resuming work. Give a mobile phone to your maid and check with her every hour on what the baby is doing, whether it is fine, whether it had food and the nappies have been changed etc.

Once in a while make a surprise check inbetween to verify the facts. Once you are satisfied that the baby is taken care of well, then you should not worry. But the fact is that the baby would surely miss its motherly love and care when it is left with the day care or the maid, but what to do when it is unavoidable ???? thats life.

Sanjay

siloninath wrote:

> Hi friends!
    I am a working women and living in anuclear family?
    I leave my child alone in care of my maid servant, but I feel bad about it. I am upset as is it right to leave your child alone with a maid sevant??

tell one of your good neighbours to inspect her in between. In this way maid would always be conscious as at any time some one can come to inspect her.

secondly avoid doing job(if not badly required) until your child starts speeking properly, as a speeking child can tell you if maid does something wrong with him.

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Mom and Dad
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh