+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: How can parents become friends with their teenage child?

I am a mother of 15 yrs old girl and want to be her friend rather then her mom. When ever I try to talk to her about her friends and school, she always changes the topic. I think she don't want to share these things with me. How can I make her comfortable to talk to me about every thing she feels, even about her boyfriend, if she have!

Hi Minal!
    a mother is the best friend of a girl. if u feel that u shud talk in a friendly behaviour with ur daughter it's great. I think u shud share ur teenage experience with her so that she also cud feel comfortable to do so.

Ask about her likes and dislikes, how was her day. Make her feel that you really love to spend time with her and you see yourself in her. You should make her comfortable first then only she will start sharing things with you.

Hi Minal!
    it is really nice to know your concern about your daughter, It is not at all difficult to make your daughter your friend. the advices given by eesha and suzzane are realy nice. but make sure not to interfere in her matters much other wise she will get irritated. Give her some time and things will go right way! (Y)

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Parenting Teenager
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh