+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: Special Marriage Act For Hindu-Muslim Marriage

I am a muslim in love with a hindu girl. Our love came to be known to our parents and they are against, we tried our best to convince them, but ended in vain. We decided to marry through special marriage act. Pl give me details, is it possible to marry without knowing either of our parents and could finish it easily. Pl help. Thanks in advance.

@ Neeyam - If you really love each other and have decided to elope, then please consider few things before taking any action.

First of all, are you guys financially independent? As and when you move out of the house, you'll require money at each and every step. Consider this marriage only if you've enough resources.

Secondly, you require your age proof and address proof while registering for a marriage. Once you fill the form, you have to submit these documents along with. They authority will tell you the marriage date which is generally after a month. After this formality, they will send a letter to your parents at the given address in which your marriage date will be revealed. If there is no objection from your parents' side, then your marriage can be solemnized without any problem.

Thirdly, I would suggest you to again convince your parents. Hindu-Muslim marriage is still considered as a "taboo" in society. Consider all the pros and cons before getting married.

Fourthly, if you guys are religious, probably in future you would like your partner to follow your religion. So, keep all the things clear in your mind.

Fifthly, I can just say "All the best" for whatever decision you take.

Check out this link

[url]http://www.indianexpress.com/news/the-trials-of-court-marriages-in-india/465575/[/url]

If this thing happens, it can be of solace for many people seeking marriages in Special Marriage Act 1954.

nayeem > Damsel is rite.........agar financially independent ho, age proof and address proof hai to jao shadi kr lo.............koi marriage act nhi rok payega..........

Difficulty in Hindu Muslim Marriage

why the letter is send to parents?????? if letter is send to parents, obiviously they will object and there will be case filed etc... and in gujarat its a big problem... give the perfect solution

Special marriage act 1956, actually offer a legal recognition for the Hindu-Muslim wedding. It is said that as per this special marriage act the couples are supposed to abide by their religious laws until and unless they are actually converted to one’s own religion. This helps in solving the legal clashes and challenges on the so called inter faith marriage. The bride must be at least 18 years old and the groom must be 21 years old, as per this special marriage act. The marriage under this act is civil contract, conversion is not an only solution the couples who are held up with an inter caste marriage will have to face some dilemmas too.

Special Marriage Act

Inter-faith weddings are controversial these days. Let that be either Hindu bride wedding a Muslim man or a Muslim girl marrying a Hindu man. Just like that, as you are a Muslim guy loving Hindu girl, there can be problems later. To sideline all these, there is SPECIAL MARRIAGE ACT of 1956:
    • Special Marriage Act solves almost all the legal disputes due to inter-faith wedding
    • Apart from J&K territory, this act is applicable to all Indian states
    • Bridegroom need to be above 21 age and bride 18

If neither of you like to change your caste and if you both wish to continue your own religion then your marriage comes under special marriage act. Since you are looking for a court marriage you need to go to marriage register office and fill the application for the wedding. After the notice period of 30 days from the day of application you can solemnize your marriage in presence of marriage registrar officer and 3 witnesses.

It is not an easy way to get a court marriage done for inter caste relationships if there are conflicts with both the party’s families. What you need to do is to approach a lawyer and ask the best possible ways to get over the impediments if suppose approval from parent becomes difficult. What you need to do is to produce all the documents mentioned in the form. Moreover it is important that a male is 21 years old while female is 18 years. The time could extend to three months if you want to get approval for marriage certificates.

Lightbulb trouble in hindu-muslim marriage

just read the answers of a question asked by some one related to hindu-muslim marriage....i don`t have so much knowledge about indian law....but is it really necessary to send the paper to parents for their acceptance?they are eloping because they are unable to convince them.to send them the paper means to increase the problem..nobody knows that when a hindu girl or boy can marry a muslim boy or girl socially....there is no other way except eloping....untill the very old hindu-muslim rivalry is over and the opportunists stop taking advantages in the name of politics or so called secularism...but thats a very long way to go........may be there will be hindu-muslim marriages in future or may not be....but till then we`ll lose many more lives....atleast we should try to give people the right to marry anyone they want of any religion...if they want to live together who the hell we are to stop!

Pampi your right.... Why the hell they stop inter caste marriages? I really want to know, we are Indians and we are separated in the name of marriage. I would suggest please don't get pissed off by the things like getting special act marriages. sending the not to the parents etc. We are majors and have the rights to get inter caste marriages. Please consult an experienced lawyer who can advise you the procedure and get married in the court.

Dear Friends,

It is true that marriage solemnised under Special Marriage Act (SMA) - 1954 is the best option for inter-faith couples...Sending of notices to the homes of the marrying couple is a precedent being followed by all the Marriage Officers except in Delhi. This dangerous practice is stopped in Delhi after an excellent judgement by Justice Ravider Bhat in the year 2010....So, if the marrying couple is in Delhi then they can go for SMA without any fear or else can consider shifting to Delhi for 2-3 months for job or other reasons for marriage solemnisation...I have heard that in Kolkota and Mumbai also the notice sending practice is not being followed...but, i am not sure about it...

For others they can go for solemnisation of their marriage according to any religious ritual and can go for registration of their marriage under Section - 15 of SMA. I suggest registration to convert the marriage into civil marriage to make the marriage free from the personal laws if any faith.

Dear Friends,

I must inform the couples planing for marriage under Special Marriage Act (SMA)...there is a difference between marriage solemnisation and registration. Marriage is solemnised under section-13/14 and registered under section -15 of SMA...usually people confuse marriage solemnisation with marriage registration...the process are common in both the case except few additional documents in marriage registration..

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Indian Weddings
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh