+Post New Topic + Post Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What is the right age to send kids to school

I have a problem....

i had started sending my 2.5 yr old kid to play school, as i think this is the right age to start this.

but its now been 1 and a half month and he cries like anything to go to school. i had asked teachers there about how he behaves afterwards and they say that he is perfectly ok after some time when i leave him there.

but still he cries as soon as i make him ready for school in the morning from home itself.

kahin aisa to nahi ki use koi problem ho wahan par and i'm not able to see it. teachers mujhse jhoot to nahi kah rahi hongi.

kya ye sabhi baccho ke saath hota hai kya. mujhe accha nahi lagta jab rota hai. please help me.....and let me know what is right and wrong.

waise bhi mere inlaws were against sending him to school at this early age and then they will get the excuse to say me things.

Monica, delhi Gov ne 3 yrs Decide ki hai Age Bachhon ko School bhejne ki...............

Monica,,

Believe me many kids cry a lot before going to school..Some kids cry till the end of that year...And it makes you feel so bad .. but all this is normal ..They hate separating from the mother adn being in a strange environment.. Also if he's okay some other kid will start crying and again the cycle starts.. They are small and scared ..

Don't get upset and there is no reason why the teacher would lie to you.
    You would have chosen a good school for your child and it is very important that you trust the teachers.. That goes a long way in creating a bond between you/ your child and the teacher.. Don't presume anything..

The very fact that he stops crying after a while is an indication that he is okay with that..

What you can do is accompany him to school if you are dropping him... Or if he goes by school van/bus you go to the school after a while say 1/2 hr after the school begins. Take permission from the principal and observe if he's crying.. okay/ eating/ enjoying.

Don't let him know you are in the school.. This is just to satisfy your anxiety.. He must get used to the schedule and once he sees you he'll start expecting you everyday so let him not know about it..

Make it clear that just because he's crying it doesn't mean you will not send him to school.. Its better for him to know that ploy won't work..

One more thing.. Talk to him about what he does in school,who his friends are.. teacher etc.. It'll make him more eager to get used to going to school..

Many kids start playschool by the age of 2 so you are not committing any crime by putting him in school. Don't become defensive if your in-laws comment on it.. Tell them you know what is good for him.. Kids these days are restless and play group is better way of keeping them focussed rather than letting them watch television at home..

Cheers and good luck

Thanks a lot rada77. what's ur proper name??

many of my anxities are now sorted out after reading ur post, otherwise i used to think that i have started sending him to school at an early age.

one more thin if you can advise.

at what age he shud go to a formal school??? from many people i've heard of 3 or 3 1/2. is this correct???

Moderators : Abe Hello To Likha rahne dete.................. :@ :-S

Monica > Hello..........

hello saurbh

isliye maine tumhaari baat ka jawab nahi diya

ki hi na hello......lage bhashan jhhadne

hmmmmmm

kya meri post ki heading apne aap change ho gayi???

asa bhi hota hai kya 8-)

Yes Dear Monica......Moderators Ne Aap Ki Post ka title Change kr Diya hai...........

Aur Aap Plz Meri Baat ko Dil Pr Na Lena..........

Monica ..

Yaar tum to bahut door ki sochne lagi...Abhi tho shuru kiya hai.....

For formal school for JR KG or L.K.G the age is 3.5 years plus.. If your child is born after june please put him in JR kg the following year that is when he completes the age requirement .. He might be 3yrs 10 months or so when he starts Jr kg..

Nursery and play school age really doesn't matter but for pre school its better to follow age limits monica.. Its also easier for children to cope when they start at the right age...

Some schools are not very particular about age... but I have observed that the older the child the better they cope...

Cheers..

Thank you for your info 8-|

Monica, Aap k LLB k Result ka kya hua ? Sare paper clear ho gaye na ?

saurbh result abhi aane wala hai

kuch hi dino mein.........let's see kya hota hai

Saurabh,

The other day you told me that your 2year old son is going to pre-school, but here you have mentioned 3 years. :^)

Sanjay

[quote=saurabhwebxprt]Monica, delhi Gov ne 3 yrs Decide ki hai Age Bachhon ko School bhejne ki...............[/quote]

Sanjay > I didn't Get U................My Son ?? Are yaar, M Bachelor.........Complete Bachelor

Monica > Ok, Sab Achha hi hoga Dear..........Aap Surely Pass ho jaogi...........

Dear Monica...my son will b 3 this oct INSHALLAH...every one is insisting to send him to school but no...i have decided not to send him before 3 n half or 4 yrs..well i m trying my best to educate him at home..

yaar Germany mein 7 yrs kay kids ko school mein add diya janay laga hai..not b4 that..

I have two child a elder one is 3.5 yrs and a younger one is 2 yrs.

One elder child is not at all interested to do his homework after returning from school he just want to paly.Can anyone tell me what do i need to do to make him understand

hai ,friend the correct age is 5.

I think it is between 3 to 4 yrs...

Question when shud i send my son to nursery?

hi all !
    my son is 27 may 2009 born. i got him admitted to playway(pre nursery) when he was 2 years old near my house with the ONLY intention to make friends and open up with people since he is the only kid at home and gets bored. now he is 2 and half years old. i am now totally confused. by this coming april he wud be just 3 years old. shud i send him to nursery at 3 yrs or shud i make him repeat his playway for another year? will he be ready to study in nursery?? and i want to know how much is the difference between pre nursery and nursery when we talk about syllabus and study patterns? if i do not put him in nursery that wud mean a loss of one full year and i even dont want to put an extra pressure on him six months earlier...... please suggest something....

You know what monica, sabhee kids are like that only. They arenít that comfortable pehle, but phir it will be easy. As per how I take care of my kid, ushe jaana hai 7 30 am ko, aur vaapas aatha hai 11.45 ko. The school sends vehicle. Nothing to worry much, sabhe bache aise hothe hai cool off. After they get older, even they will laugh this off

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Toddlers & Kids
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh