+Post New Topic + Post Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Husband's not allowing wife to go out of the house

I was working before my marriage but after marriage my husband didn't allow me to work , although it was intimated that I will work after marriage. Though my husband is nice, caring person but he doesn't allow me to step outside the house. Even, he does not allow me to go out to market and neighbour's house. I am virtually jailed in house.

i think he is right. nowadays it's better for women to stay at home after marriage. u r understanding what i mean. As far as market is concerned, i don't think he wud stop u if u convince him by saying anything. bcoz u've quoted him as a nice person. good luck!

you are absolutely right dharmesh. you shuld try to convice him.

Hi All,
    i m not at all convinced by Ryan and Dharmesh?? if a men is not ready to reside in boundry, how can he expect to women? Now a days, everyone is having freedom to work or live life as per her own wish.
    Lynch, if you already intimate ur hubby to work after marriage, then why he is not allowing u to go outside?? did u ever try to speak with ur hubby?
    In my view, you should try to convence ur husband and try to make him understand about how you feels when he stops you to go outside, this is the only you, who can help urs so be confident and try...

Gud luck
    Monika Gupta
    [email]garg.moni@gmail.com[/email]

Lynch stand up for urself please... Y must u sit in house entire day..
    Thats totally unfair of him & he cant be that nice if treating u like a prisoner..

I think your crazy ass husband should be locked up in a half way house. He seems to think women are a property. Stand up for yourself. Kick his ass to the curb. This is his problem not yours. Freedom is a GOD given entity. You can even ask Swami --- sorry Swami Ji

Dfordarmesh and ryan should also be locked up with your husband. What kind of NUT JOBS are you people

lolol

you can ask with your husband............... what is the problem yaar ! !

> lynch wrote:

> I was working before my marriage but after marriage my husband didn't allow me to work , although it was intimated that I will work after marriage. Though my husband is nice, caring person but he doesn't allow me to step outside the house. Even, he does not allow me to go out to market and neighbour's house. I am virtually jailed in house.

I WAS SHOCKED TO READ UR MESSAGE.THAT IN THIS CENTURY THERE R HUSBANDS WHO STOPS THEIR WIVES FROM GOING OUT AT ALL.I THINK U MST MAKE HIN UNDERSTAND THAT U TO NEED UR INDEPENDENCE IN LIFE.KEEP PATIENCE I BELIEVE THINGS WILL TURN OUT TO BETTER.

So did u stand up for urself yet Lynch?????

I hope you have followed Casey's advise and talked to your husband. If not, then please do it now. Don't fight over the issue, it will only make the matters worse. Try to convince him amicably, making him understand waht you go through being locked up in the house throughout the day. Say that you understand his concern for you, but you cannot sit inside the house forever. You need to go out and live within the society, interacting with people.

Which century are we living in??? The dark ages???!!! Lynch, stand up for yourself and be an example for many others like you!

its better for a mother to stay at home when she have to look after her children. there is no subsitute of mom. i missed my mom very much so i can realize and feel the pain of thiose children who can not enjoy enough their moms company

Huma, a female should be there for her children. But that doesn't mean that she should stop living her life. Would you like to stay inside your home - away from the entire world throughout your life. Being a mother should never ever restrict a woman. I totally believe that a woman can handle both the outside life as well as her home. She will just need to put in some extra efforts.

Huma

Go jump off a cliff please... Women were not born servants or maids.. They have lives just like men.
    They can probably have better lives than most men...

I dont mean offence to men, I am just saying that Women play a vital role in a man's life & many decent men
    out there will back me on this one...

lol :)......

Try tofind out why he is so possessive about you, you can always go out for marketplace, if your husband quaries are satisfied properly.

i agree with monika gupta

The problem is not about working or not working, the issue here is about her husband is treating her like a prisoner which is unacceptable by any standards. Lynch should have a heart to heart chat with her husband and make him understand how miserable she is feeling about his actions. If he really loves her, he will change.

Glad that you have got the internet to communicate with the outside world. In which city are you in ? Dont use the computer when your hubby is around. otherwise he might cut that option also .

Lynch let us know what is the update from your end. Hope some good sense prevails on your husband. What sort of animal is he . I am sorry for using harsh words, cant he know how to treat a woman he loves ?( if at all )

Sanjay

huma wrote:

> its better for a mother to stay at home when she have to look after her children. there is no subsitute of mom. i missed my mom very much so i can realize and feel the pain of thiose children who can not enjoy enough their moms company

By law of nature, male of the species earns bread by sweat and every female of the speacies looks after home. In the same way man has to earn by sweat and provide security and love for his wife and kids. Men are endowed with physical strength to earn from outside. Women are endowed with patience and love to look after the house and children. That is why there is a saying "home is the proper place of a woman". That is why every man expects domestic contentment in women.

The duty of Homemaking is no doubt, a blessed gift for a woman. It is not a curse. House is not a prison and a housewife is not a Kitchen rabbit. A wife is the domestic goddess and she is the living light of the house, society and the world. Now days , children are going off the track because mothers too are stepping out of the house. Divorce cases and sexual harrasments have been increased rapidly due to women employment. Housewife can also be compared with that of Goddess in a temple. The moment she leaves the house, it becomes the home of devils. The moment a woman leaves the house, the devils go in to set up their family. So a family is secured as long as women remain in house.

Today women should know that 'working outside is not superior to working at home, and working at home is not inferiror to working outside.' Men and Women cannot have same type of duties. They have different duties. Gender equalism is not good as the status of Men and Women is not comparable to each other. They have their own status.
    Hence to be a housewife is the greatest blessing portfolio for a woman. It is even greater and noblest than that of an employee or a business person.

It is not compulsory for a woman to go outside for work. She can go if her husband is incapable of earning, or when there is no sufficient income by any means. The harmony of a family sustains when husband earns from outside and wife looks after the house and children.

Man cannot resist a woman's victory and a woman cannot resist Man's authority. Men and women should not compete with each other. There should exist everlasting love and affection between them. But today compitition is increasing the space of communication, affection and love between men and women. Hence women empowerment to some extent is becoming the cause of increasing divorce cases. Moreover Women are suffering from extra-tensions and sexual harrasments at working places. As a result they can not put complete attention on children and homemaking. Working outside and looking after home is like stepping two legs on two boats.

HENCE IT IS BEST FOR A MARRIED WOMAN TO REMAIN IN HOUSE, WHEN HUSBAND IS EARNING LOT OF MONEY AND CARING FOR THE FAMILY. WHAT ELSE A WOMAN WANT?

KNOW THAT "A WISE WOMAN BUILDS HER HOUSE; BUT THE FOOLISH UPROOTS IT WITH HER OWN HANDS"

GOD BLESS EVERYONE

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Mom and Dad
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh