+Post New Topic + Post Reply
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Procedure for court marriage in India

Marriage is the spiritual bonding wherein 2 different souls becomes as one. As according to me, if you strictly want detailed procedure and not a novice reply, consult one advocate. They can tell you the apt reply, as religion, norms, traditions, etc needs to looked into. Obtaining marriage certificates are different in many states. Both people promises that will face whatever obstacles they’ve to face in their life. They also promises that they will both cheerfully overcome that.

It is good that you are marrying the girl whom you have loved but if you like to go for court marriage certain documents such as age proof and address proof are necessary. Firstly you need to fill the application for marriage and after this your application will be displayed on the notice board for a month. After notice period of one month is over you will can come to court for the marriage along with 3 witnesses who are ready to sign in the document as a proof for the marriage.

If you are planning for court marriage in India then let me tell you need to follow certain set of rules wherein you need to fill a legal form as produced by the court’s lawyer. It saves all the effort in following the tedious ritual rules by following this process. You can proceed it with the submission of required few important documents and arrangement of valid two witnesses. Your matriculation certificate, birth certificate, job certificate and residence certificate are all mostly important. For all these documents need to be produced with Photostat copies where originals are required for verification of it. It is must to produce four photographs where garlands will be required to mean as an exchange of bond between the two. There is certain amount of fee you need to give to the lawyer. Later over the bond certificate of marriage you need to make a sign over it.

Question Need your help

Hi,

I am robin(Hindu religion) doing job in New Delhi. I am in love with a girl(sikh religion) in Amritsar, Punjab. We want to do court marriage (of course due to no consent from girl's family side). Can you please assist us in getting together for lifetime? I am planning to do court marriage in Amritsar itself as getting away from home for long will not possible for my love due to restrictions from her family. Please tell me procedure involved, time involved, and approximate fees for getting all these legalities done. I will really remain very thankful to you for this favour. Thanks again in advance ..

[QUOTE=jits4ever;12010]hello everyone...

i am very happpy. i have posted a message on 17-08-2007 06:22:34. but today i am very glad to tell you that i got married with the person i want to..

Life Rocks..
    now you can ask me ne damn question..[/QUOTE]

Heyyyy Congrats Dear!!!

Nice to see that you got married...

All the very best for your bright future..

hello. my age is 19 and i am hindu my gf's age is also 19 and she is muslim we want to marry so is that possible to do that cause her family are forceing her to marry.pls help...

Most of the couples prefer for this.
    Specially in love marriages.

Hi abhay..
    You can't marry her now..
    You r just 19 yrs old..
    The bridegroom should be 21 yrs old according to Marriage laws...
    So you should wait or 2 more yrs to get married..

Sorry!
    I dont know how u r gng to handle this situation.
    -==============================-===============-============-==============-
    Friends,

I dont have any idea about muslim marriage act.. If 19 yrs of age for bridegroom is permissible then they can follow the rituals in Muslim marriage act..

Kindly help Abhay in this regard..

Hi, I am santosh. I love a girl & we decided to get marry. Since her parents are against this marrige due to cast issue. We planned for court marrige.

I read that we have to submit the age prof & address prof document to court before one month.

Now, I am in bangalore & she is in Assam. Can I submit all the require documents without going to assam & as per the court time I will go to assam & marry her?

Do I need to appare to before one month to submit the document or the submitting document can be done by my relative?

Please clear my this query.

During court marriage of yours; for each and every single activity both spouses presence is compulsory.

To be in detail, the entire court marriage process takes 30-60 working days. And the mandatory documents required for marrying parties are as such:-

Passport Size Photographs
    Residential Proof
    Identity Proof
    In case of Divorce - Decree of Divorce approved by the Court
    In case of widow or widower – Legal Death Certificate
    In case of foreigner - NOC from concerned Embassy/ Valid VISA/ Certificate of Present Marital Status of the party

Exclamation court marriage

i have heard that once u applY there will be some verification . . Will tat notice be sent to the respective houses . . In tat case it will be a big problem for of . I love a girl but her parents want to get her married somewhere else she is 18 now n i am 21 please tel me what can i do

The marriage performed under the special marriage act 1954

The eligibility criteria
    The Bride groom must be 21 years of age and bride must be 18 years of age
    The parties are not within the degrees of prohibited relationship
    Each party involved should not have any other subsisting valid marriage

Documents required

Application form duly signed by both the parties.
    Documentary evidence of date of birth of parties.
    Documentary evidence regarding stay at district in India of one of the parties for more than 30 days (Proof of stay or report from the concerned SHO).
    N.O.C. or Marital Status certificate from the concerned embassy or Consulate in India by a foreigner partner.
    In case the parties had any marriage in the past the certificate must be produced

Procedure

ll the documents are verified at the Office of Marriage Registrar.
    The law of other nation shall not be in conflict with Indian laws.
    The marriage shall be solemnized in the presence of at least three witnesses.
    Further the Marriage Certificate is entered and is granted by the Marriage Registrar.

hope this will help you to know

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Indian Weddings
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh