+Post New Topic + Post Reply
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Marriage registered in India, divorce in California?

  1. #1

    Join Date
    May 2010
    I got married in India which was registered under Hindu Marriage act. I will getting divorce in California based on mutual consent. Can I get remarried in India without any legal hassles? In other words, Do I need to register my divorce in India if I want to remarry? If yes, what is the procedure for registering my California divorce in India?

  2. #2
    sir, u can apply there at California and get the divorce. But the problem is that decree of divorce passed by any foreign court (USA) can be challenged in Indian court if the decree is not according to the provisions of section 13 of the Civil Procedure Code & well laid down principles of law by the Supreme Court of India on this issue. So will suggest you to file the case here in India.

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply
   Recent Posts in NRI's World
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may edit your posts