+Post New Topic + Post Reply
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Indian Passport Renewal in USA

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011

    Indian Passport Renewal in USA

    Hey Friends.......

    I am a Indian settled in USA it has become 1yr almost, I wants renew my passport I have one doubt, As we are submitting the documents for New passport is that same way when we do renewal we have to submit the whole documents once again can anyone brief me about this in detail please.....

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Here is a site that gives you information on how to renew the indian passport in USA:
    http://www.path2usa.com/indian-passport-renewal. Read the documents carefully and apply for it soon.

  3. #3
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    You can checkout the site http://www.indianpassportrenewalinusa.com/ where you will see specific information depending on your state. There are four consulates and one Indian embassy in USA. The site will tell you which office you need to submit the application based on the state you live.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011

    Thumbs up

    Hi Kumarchayya01, I hope that’s you real name and you have renewed your passport. I would like to share some Inforamtion which I had taken from indianpassportrenewalinusa website, which gives some Improtent Information about the requirements for the renewal of the passport.

    requirements are:
    • Original passport;
    • Three passport size photographs (size 2 inches x 2 inches with white background)showing frontal view of full face including the one to be pasted on the top of application form;
    • Prescribed fee of US $ 40 for normal booklet (36 pages) or US $ 50 for Jumbo booklet (60 pages). Fee has to be paid by certified checks or money orders payable to the Consulate General of India, New York. Please note that we do not accept any personal checks. Only at the Consulate counter will cash be accepted in currency notes of denomination not higher than $50.00. Cash when applying by mail is also not accepted. If delivery of documents is requested by mail – for return by Express Mail (with tracking number), please enclose a self-addressed USPS Express Mail – Flat Rate Mailing Envelope only, with minimum postage of $ 18.30 (no soft pouches or legal envelopes) and for return by Priority Mail (without tracking number), please enclose a self-addressed Priority Mail envelope with a minimum postage of $4.90. Kindly note that money once paid is not refunded on refusal of service or delay in service. Please insist on a receipt for any money paid at the counter and present the same for collection of documents between 4:30 - 5:15 p.m.
    • Copy of proof of residence in the United States is required. Utility bill/bank statement/copy of lease agreement/driver's license are acceptable as proof of residence.
    • Copy of the first five and the last two pages of the passport;
    • Copy of pages indicating U.S. Visa or original Green Card or Employment Authorization Card (EAC) or any other visa documents to be shown at the counter and a copy of both sides of documents deposited (in case applications being mailed, a notarized copy of these documents can be sent);
    • In case application for Green Card or EAC or Visa is pending/being processed, a copy of documents in support of this fact must be deposited;
    • Completed Nationality Status Verification Form;
    • The declaration at the end of the application form should be notarized if the old passport had expired more than one year ago;
    • If the present passport does not contain the name of spouse and the name is to be entered in the new passport, a copy of marriage certificate must be sent.
    Important Note: In certain cases of an old passports issued by an office other than the Consulate General of New York, a passport is issued for one year. In such cases, applicants have to apply for extension of the passport any time after 45 days. A passport is also issued for one year in cases of expiry of valid U.S. residence visa. In such cases, applicants have to apply for extension of validity as soon as valid U.S. Residence visa is approved. There is no fee for extension of validity of passport.
    The application form must be signed by the applicant and completed in all respects. Please ensure that the applicant's signature or thumb impression is provided in the box at the end of the application form. This is required for insertion in the passport.

    The old passport is returned after cancellation. Valid visas in the old passport are not canceled and can be used after cancellation of the passport.
    Note: While the requirements mentioned above are complete in all respects, the Consulate has the right to require any original documents, at any stage and these documents should be presented for scrutiny and satisfaction of the Consular Officer.
    Click here to apply online Application form. Please select 'Reissue of Passport' on the online form.

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply
   Recent Posts in NRI's World
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may edit your posts