+Post New Topic + Post Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Procedure for importing car in India

It depends on the bids I receive by the given date. I, however, expect between $2500 and $3000 - relatively low because of the bodily damages. Front and back bumpers need replacement as also some minor repairs to the trunk whose lumen has decresed. It is otherwise drivable and I am driving it. Instead of getting it repaired I thought it better that the prospective buyer does it because I am leaving soon.

Hope this clarifies.

Hi please advise on how much imports duty will be on Honda CRV 4 X 4 . I am planning to open an office in india and will be changing my residence to india after 24 years. The car will be for office use. Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Is this thread still open?

> ajaypatiala wrote:

> Hi please advise on how much imports duty will be on Honda CRV 4 X 4 . I am planning to open an office in india and will be changing my residence to india after 24 years. The car will be for office use. Thanks in advance.

Hi Ajay,
    Did you get a reply to this question? I am looking to move back to India as well and would like to take my CRV with me. Although its 9 years old, but in perfect mechanical order.

Cheers
    Krish

Hi ,
    Presently I live in the UAE. Am planning to shift/change residence back to India . I own a Toyota Prado and wanted to knw the approx cost for importing it back to India . Frankly haven't understood the tax procedure. have a 2.4 L engine and its a 2004 model. thanks
    Navdeep

If you think 111% import tax is bad......think about how bad it is for Denmark people....their import tax is 213%

Hello guys...
    here is the link of Indian customs where they have given the details of importing a new and pre owned car from overseas.

[url]http://www.chennaicustoms.gov.in/imports/car.htm[/url]

its really hard and too expensive to import a vehicle i think according to the rules these arsholes have made.

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and my question are:

1/ Am I allowed to import a car into India from the U.K which is nine years old?
    2/ Will the import duty be based on the price I paid for the car in the U.K?

> rak354 wrote:

> Hi,
    I would like to make an enquiry about how much tax/import duty+etc. charges would be levied for a 15 year old car second or third hand car which was brought for 220 pounds

Are you allowed to import a car thats 15 years old?

Hi,
    I am Rohan from Vintage Auto World.

We deal in vintage, classic and imported automobiles.

Contact me if you want to import any car.

Rohan Nino Puri (Director)
    Vintage Auto World

[email]purirhn@yahoo.com[/email]

0925 052 3887
    0987 335 2323

[url]www.flickr.com/vintageautoworld/collections[/url]

Hi Everybody

If anyone of you can advice me the proceedure for import of New Car in India by an individual person and also by a firm.

Please inform the documents required for the purpose of customs clearance and what is the rate of duty applicable on import of New Car.

hey hi

i wanted to know that if i want to buy a import a brand new gm camaro from the US which is for 30000 USD ...can some1 tell me how mch duty would i be required to pay to get it in india..

Hi there,

I am from India. I have discussed with a private owner of a Yamaha R1 2008 from USA to sell his bike and I want to know the procedure of importing the bike how, via what shipping and what could be the custom charge and would it transfer to Indian registration. The cost of the bike is close to Rs. 155100.00. Please could you tell me the cost of the custom is CBU and CKD.

I look forward to hear from you.

Regards,
    Mohammed Mansoor. 8-)

Hello

I have been in the automotive industry for almost ten years and it is extremely risky to buy cars, motorcycles, boats and etc from private sellers. The chances of fraud are extremely high and your best option is to buy from authorized dealers or auctions. You are one of thousands of people that are hesitant to take advantage of great North American prices because of the possibility of fraud. [url]www.auctionexport.com[/url] was designed to simplify the process of finding, buying and shipping the vehicle of your choice.

Thank you,
    Anthony Douglas

Here in India there is not only a huge fascination for luxurious imported cars but has extensive demand for it in the market. There are certain guidelines of India’s government while importing car which are like:

• The car must be a brand new one not a sold one.
    • If the car is labeled with Indian manufacturer tag then the purchase process will get canceled.
    • One should keep a close look if it has been registered by another nation for such cars are not allowed by the Indian law.
    • Moreover there are certain features of the cars that should match as per to the Indian roads.

There are multitude of set rules and regulations to look. You can import car into India by knowing these all prescribed rules, laid out by the court:
    • Car manufacturer's invoice is showed
    • If it is 2nd hand car, deductions are calculated
    • Pay car customs duty & it varies as per category you are fall
    • Handicapped people, relatives of someone dead abroad all have to pay customs duty
    • Journalists working with I&B Ministry etc also falls under this
    • Such vehicles/Imported won’t be allowed to resold for 2 years
    • That’s from the registration date in India

Study RTO acts and more information from RTO

If you are planning to import a car to India then there are certain rules and regulation which you have to follow strictly and there is no lenience in this
    • Import of new vehicle should be permitted by the customs port of Mumbai, Kolkata or Chennai
    • Vehicle should be registered in the manufactured country and should not have any legal case on it
    • If you are planning for second hand vehicle than it must not be older than three years
    • You should pay heavy road and other taxes

Procedure for importing cars in India

Hi,

Dear,Please let me know your buy maximum cost.If you want taxes car then you can buy some company's car.

Maruti
    Honda
    Chevrolet
    Hyundai
    Toyota
    Mahindra

All the model are excellent.But my first choice Maruti.

111% tax is payable to 2nd price which i got, or the original 1st price of the car???

[QUOTE=offer;2447]Dear aneeshnr,

Yes, there is restriction in the engine power/capacity.

Autos of the capacity of more than 1600cc should have been owned and used by the shipper overseas for atleast one year. Cars which are less than 1600cc can be bought (new or second-hand) prior to arrival.

Customs duty payable on cars is approximately 111% of the value assessed.

Since your car is 4 year old. The Depreciation will be 8 %.[/QUOTE]

i having same query about this, but i have 1 confusion is that, i have brought 2nd car for 6000 pond, ok. now i am planning to ship to india. my doubt is, do that 111% tax charge on 6000 pound or the original invoice of the 1st selling price of the car.

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Cars and Bikes
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh