+Post New Topic + Post Reply
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Green Card Fiance

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011

    Green Card Fiance

    I am Richard from U.S. I am soon going to marry an Indian girl. Our marriage will be held in U.S. I want to apply a green card for her. May I know will she be eligible for it? Please tell me about its procedure and what the duration period is?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Hi Richard!
    You can avail Green card for your Indian girl after marriage after following procedure consists of multiple steps. You will have to fulfill some requirements and file few forms to get green card for her.
    You are supposed to submit some documents, which can proof that your girl friend is eligible to apply for a green card through marriage. Condition will be like that an American citizen is sponsoring her by filing a petition for his wife.
    There are many requirements for both the sponsor and green card applicant.
    The procedure will be like changing from a non-immigrant visa into an immigrant visa after filing the petition and only if she is present in US. It will give her the right to live in US and obtain a green card.

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply
   Recent Posts in Travelling Abroad
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may edit your posts