+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: Happy ugadi wishes

Happy ugadi wishes

Ugadi is new year for the people of the Deccan region of India. On this occasiona special dishes are made such as people of Karnataka prepares dish called Obbattu and people of Andhra Pradesh makes a special dish called Bhakshyalu.Shopping for new clothes and buying other new household items that go with the requirements of the festival are done with a lot of excitement and happiness. People go to temple and do pujas and after that they enjoy the festivals with their elders and loved one. It is one festivals where all family come together and celebrate this festivals with lot of happiness and joy. I request people to post their views on this festival and share with us anything they want to say about this festival. Happy Ugadi to everyone. Hope this new year bring lots of happiness and joy in your life.

Hi dear! Happy ugadi to u too. I didnít know about this festival. I heard it first time. Being a bengali I celebrate poila boishakh which is a new year for Bengalis. It is really very exciting u know. Thanks a lot for sharing so much information about ugadi.

Wow........ what a lovely festival Ugadi is!!!!

Ugadi where Yuga means era Aadhi means start, a beginning of the year. This is very much popular for Hindus especially kannadigas.They celebrate this day as New Year. Not only this, there are lot of things involved in it. They will prepare some kind a special dish and offer them to god; pujaís are also conducted during this day. Particularly, the children will be eagerly waiting to wear the new clothes purchased; different varieties of foods are prepared. This festival is mainly celebrated at Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka. Hey i would like to share some of the ugadhi wishes, sms, please have a look at it;

May the festival of lights be the harbinger of joy and prosperity. As the holy occasion of Ugadi is here and the atmosphere is filled with the spirit of mirth and love, hereís hoping this festival of beauty brings your way, bright sparkles of contentment, that stay with you through the days ahead.
    Best wishes on Ugadi and New Year.

Ugadi meansÖ
    New Life.....
    New Hope......
    New Aspirations.....
    New Beginning....
    Letís make each day Ugadi!

Best wishes to you this New Year,
    Celebrate this Ugadi with heart filled with fulfillment and joy.
    Happy Ugadi!

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in About Homeland
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh