+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: Healthy Eating tips for children

Hi,

*Despite the high importance given to nutrition by the government, research has shown that pre-school children are eating more salt and sugar than is recommended and not enough fruit, vegetables and iron-rich foods. This has led to concerns being raised about anemia, obesity and tooth decay in young children. So start good habits young!
    *Many toddlers and young children don’t get enough iron. Foods or drinks high in vitamin C (eg oranges, red peppers, fruit juice) at mealtimes help the body to absorb the iron in other foods eaten at the same time.

Hi,
    Thanks for your precious advice and tips.
    Just Keep on..........

Add more veggies to favourite dishes – for example, add finely sliced mushrooms to Bolognese, finely chopped red pepper to tomato sauces and steamed leeks to mashed potato

Serve big portions of veggies they like – sweetcorn, carrots and peas are often popular.

Mix together grated carrot and Red Leicester cheese and use to fill sandwiches and jacket potatoes – the colours blend so well they may not notice the carrot.

Buy lower-fat versions of sausages, burgers and oven chips and grill or oven bake them rather than frying. Alternatively, make your own homemade burgers and swap chips for homemade potato wedges – simply cut potatoes in their skins into wedges, brush with a little olive oil and bake in the oven until they are soft in the middle and crispy on the outside.

Buy lower-fat versions of crisps and biscuits and opt for the smallest bags available.

Add barley, beans or lentils to soups, stews and other meaty dishes – children won’t notice baked beans in a cottage pie or lentils in a stew.

Buy sugar-free squashes and fizzy drinks – if the kids complain, pour them into empty bottles of the standard variety when they’re not looking.

If children won’t eat wholemeal or granary bread, try high-fibre white bread for sandwiches and toast.

If you can’t get your kids to give up sugary cereals, mix them with lower sugar varieties such as a handful each of Frosties and Cornflakes, or Rice Krispies and Coco Pops

Use whole-wheat pasta in pasta bakes – when mixed with sauce it’s impossible to tell it’s not white

For children who are resistant to brown rice or wholemeal pasta, cook half of each and then mix together.

Hi thanks for tips but i am saying you just read Why Do I Need to Eat Fruits & Veggies? cd , after reading this cd children will learn why they eat.

It is the responsibility of parents to ensure that they are in proper balance diet. In addition, adolescent and the diet of young children should also take care of their lifestyle and plans to reduce the weight and trying for so long. If you do not have time to sit and eat at home, at least grab something like a banana that you can eat on-the-go. I think it is important to learn what is healthy eating, and what parts are good for health. I also think it is important that parents teach their children to eat healthy by eating well. I follow a simple policy - If it's healthy and good for health eat it , else don't . You will only be causing more problems to yourself later on . I came across this link also - it's wortrh taking a look . http://www.lifemojo.com/lifestyle/healthy-eating-tips-for-women-39015151

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Toddlers & Kids
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh