+Post New Topic + Post Reply
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Procedure To Change Name In Passport

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011

    Procedure To Change Name In Passport

    Hi All

    I Am Mythily Got married recently. I have one query please help me, I have passport already. Which I would like to Change my name in that. In passport my Sir name is my Dad name is added now I want to change it to my Husband name Can any one guide me please.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Hi Mythily

    As per my opinion Please visit any regional Passport Office and you can get all the info you need to know. This is the best way as you aware of the docs required, procedure and all other details in one go. But still I can help with some clues which will you a roughly idea.

    I. Following marriage, remarriage or divorce:

    (a) A woman applying for change of name/surname in existing passport due to marriage must furnish:

    (i) Photocopy of the Husbandís passport, if any, and

    (ii) An attested copy of marriage certificate issued by Registrar of Marriage OR an affidavit from the husband and wife along with a joint photograph, (Specimen at Annexure D).

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply
   Recent Posts in NRI's World
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may edit your posts