+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: Baby Crib Safety Tips

Baby Crib Safety Tips

I am planning to buy baby crib for my new born baby girl. I want you guys to help me out to know what the safety tips to keep in mind are while buying a new baby crib. Please drop down your suggestions.

Baby’s crib safety is very important because babies spend most of their time in the crib. So while picking a baby crib you need to keep these things in mind. Never go with extravagant cribs because they are not so strong and they do not have strong foothold. Do not use second hand cribs because they are risky and it doesn’t assure you of your child’s safety. Always go for traditionally designed cribs because they are much safer.

[QUOTE=shirish;226245]Baby’s crib safety is very important because babies spend most of their time in the crib. So while picking a baby crib you need to keep these things in mind. Never go with extravagant cribs because they are not so strong and they do not have strong foothold. Do not use second hand cribs because they are risky and it doesn’t assure you of your child’s safety. Always go for traditionally designed cribs because they are much safer.[/QUOTE]

Yeah ,I agree with you that cribs safety is very important because babies spend most of their time in the crib.Actually before buying anything,the investigation is a wise investment both financially and in the protection of the child.

Hey Charan,

I would like to share some of the safety standards which are quite essential while buying a baby crib. Please check the following constraints before you buy that:

• The crib should be sturdier, versatile
    • Make sure that the distance between the crib slats are not more than 2 3/8 inches.
    • The corner posts of the cribs should not be higher than 1/16 of an inch.

• Check the height of the adjustable mattresses.
    • Avoid fancy decorations in the cribs.
    • Do not go the movable railings which may cause serious hazard to the babies.

Hope, this information could be useful to you to buy a good Baby Crib for your little one!!!

Cot with a Cradle must be perfectly made to give your baby a sound sleep, Special down space available so you can store your baby's toys or accessories. To keep your kid safe, it must have attached mosquito net so your kid gets a good peaceful sleep and keep your baby away from insets and mosquitoes. It must have attached wheels which make it easier to move cot.

Nicely Said Sherly!!
    It is mandatory to check all minor particles of a crib, coz cribs are sometimes basic reason for infant’s death…..
    I would like to add some more useful tips like:-

No misplaced, slack, kaput or improperly installed screws, bracket or other hardware on the crib.
    No bend posts over 1/16th inch high.
    Side rails should be fixed and not adaptable.
    Make sure that the mattress fits cozily in the crib.

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Infants & Baby Care
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh