+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: My father abusing me!

If my father has abused my all my life, does that mean he hates me?
    He has told me he hates me, and other times he says he loves me. What should I believe?

Parents never hate their children.....tie up the statement. Definitely he loves u.

hi

this is kamakshi from ndtv.... we have started a new show called Salaam Zindagi... saw your question... we are doing an episode on parenting pressures... please get in touch with me as soon as possible on [email]kamakshik@ndtv.com[/email]...

thanks
    kamakshi

Julie...

Parents never hate their children... if that is true then they would never say it either...
    Is your father abusing u just emotionally or physically as well.

U dont have to say so on this forum but if thats so, u need to see a social worker
    or counsellor, ur dad needs help & even though he is ur dad & u love him to bits,
    what he is doing to you is wrong... End of story

what is the matter julie

ask with your father friendly

casey is right parents never hate their children

And Salaam, please have a heart man...
    How can u expect her to want to expose herself on flippin TV especially if she is hurting so much...

dweeb

If my father has abused my all my life, does that mean he hates me?
    He has told me he hates me, and other times he says he loves me. What should I believe?

Abuse is not love. If you love some one you are naturally sweet towards them. I think India has a huge problem of parents abusing kids. The country does not know or acknowledge this huge problem. I do not know your entire circumstances. Is he an alcoholic, is he abusing you sexually. Where is your mother in all this? Stand up to your father because you will get tired telling yourself that he loves you. You may even hate your father. It is normal. These are normal feelings. If your father is confronted
    and he wants to repair the damage he has done perhaps he might be open to getting family counseling.

Casey and NYguy are right - i think you should seek help.

regards,

Kandi

Dear Julie

It is sad hearing what you are going thru. I cannot offer you any help though, but i know some one who had gone through the same abuse during her childhood and early teenage years. Please visit the official website of Joyce Meyer where you can find helpful resources that will really help you understand your relationship with your parents and get coping tips. Also you can watch her speak on related issues on the GOD TV every weekdays at 8 pm.

Regards

William

I certainly hope that by now you have done something abt this situation

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Parenting Teenager
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh