+Post New Topic + Post Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is Pasta Bad For You

Is Pasta Bad For You

I like to take pasta has my breakfast and dinner meal, but people tell its bad for health, what will happen if we pasta, what are the effects of it, can someone give me a detail information about it??

Yup, its vice versa!!

Intake of pasta is bad for health coz they add some contaminated gum to it which will harm the intestine, indigestion problem and also lead to heart disease.
    At the same time as we all know pasta is a Chinese dish, where all Chinese and Italians take pasta has a main dish
    But we donít see much death result in themÖ

Conclusion is eating pasta with certain limit and working out best exercise to digest it soon will be no harm!!

That depends on how authentic your pasta is and if the food suits your body type.
    I mean, Italians eat pasta all the time, but they don't die.
    However, in India if you eat a lot of it, you might get an upset stomach. :P

Who says pasta is bad unless it is home prepared or wheat made. Taking any of this two apart from the branded ones it will sure keep you healthy. Spicy pasta is harmful for your intestine so better take the one with good loads of vegetable mix in it. It will sure keep you energetic through out the day. Refined or say white pasta should not be taken often as it does not have much health effect. Researcher says that it may lead ill health symptoms like high blood sugar, heart disease and weight gain.

OMG!!! I think this is one of the most popular myths on dieting; here are some factual informationís about pasta, check it out. 100g of pastas that is boiled equals 126 kcal and 1,3g fats. Pastas are considered as the best energy booster pastas contain the most valuable B complex which is good for cellular metabolism as well as for the nervous system. People who are dieting can consume pastas, as it doesnít have any side effects at all. But donít consume pastas more, it may also result in constipation. LOLÖ

Pasta is not bad.. however if you use a lot of chesse and heavy full of fat sauces then its bad and fattening too
    Try to avoid using very fatty sauces

Any any food excessively just because one likes it is hazardous to health. This should be the simple and basic rule of eating.

There are myths about pastas. Some argue it is not good for one's digestive system as bacteria gets collected in one's guts, and a few others say it promotes cancer.

Few argue that is a nutritious food which is delectable. They also say that there is no harm eating it since Italians have eaten it for years and don't seem to be complaining about health.

To end it; eat it if you like and skip it if you fear eating it. What guys, do you agree?

I agree with you maxfort
    There are 10 people and all say different things about pasta
    there is no concrete data or evidence for or against pasta
    so if you really like it then you should eat it else leave it
    However one piece of advice anything in excess is bad

It is perfectly ok to eat whole grain pasta. It is full of fiber and antioxidants. Avoid as white flour pasta as much as possible since it not only contains less fiber and antioxidants but also increases sugar level in blood.

My advice: go for 100% grain pasta.

Well, we should have pasta just like an evening snack. Breakfast and other meals should be healthier. Pasta is not really good for health.

Hey all,

It’s your health; you have to take care of it. You have to take a note or a diet-chart and list out all the foods, which are liked by you and which food items cause illness to you. Some people won’t go for particular fruits, vegetables, etc. Like that, it’s up to you to decide, whether pasta is good for you or not.

Is Pasta Bad For You

Hi all,

Well i don't have much idea about pasta bad for health or not but i love eating pasta

Hi,

Even I like eating pasta, but have control on it because it is made from processed flour and contains gluten, which is difficult to digest. People who are on diet should cut down eating it as it is high in carbohydrate. I would tell that if you like eating it eat but just donít go overboard on pasta.

Do we get wheat pasta?

Since pasta is made from flour and i love eating a lot of pasta, obviously its bad for health for me.... is there any wheat or fibre pasta like made from whole wheat or something? At least it will be healthier for me
    Thanks

nickyarora,

i guess wheat pasta and grain pasta are but one and the same. You could certainly consider a whole grain pasta which is excellent source of fiber, protein, vitamins, and minerals. It could take a longer time, 10- 12 minutes, when compared to normal pasta.

Wheat pasta

[QUOTE=Parin Shah;266469]nickyarora,

i guess wheat pasta and grain pasta are but one and the same. You could certainly consider a whole grain pasta which is excellent source of fiber, protein, vitamins, and minerals. It could take a longer time, 10- 12 minutes, when compared to normal pasta.[/QUOTE]

hehe, the time wouldn't matter so much. As long as im on the right path in concerns with my health, its all good.
    Would you also happen to know where i could find this kind of pasta? as i have already inquired with my local general stores but no luck
    Thankyou again parin!

Pastas are not bad to the health if there are vegetables added on it. Pastas are carbohydrates and it can replace rice.

Hi ashanderson,

I pasta may be good for health, as you said it contains carbohydrates and carbohydrates is never good for health.

We get wheat and grain pasta’s in all reputed food markets! But consuming pasta regularly is bad for health coz it contains high rate of carbohydrates. I conclude saying, intake of any pasta flavor rarely is okay but not in excess!!

Hey guys thank you so much for the information provided here..
    I have located a nearby super market that does sell wheat grain pasta but have also learned to limit my consumption of it regardless of it being wheat or flour.

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Food & Drinks
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh