+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: Weekend getaways from kochi

Cool Weekend getaways from kochi

Hey everyone, we recently moved to kochi after our marriage and I would like to take my wife to some of the best place from kochi on this weekend please suggest some of the good places to visit like wildlife, Beaches, and Backwaters places within 150-200 km from kochi.

Hey I donít know much place within 150-200 km from kochi, But I would like to give you my suggestion for a best place that you must visit and I must say that the Munnar is the best place to go on a honeymoon Munnar is well known for Hill Stations, Trekking, Bird Sanctuaries and you can also visit many other place on your way from kochi to Munnar and munnar is just 130 km away from kochi its just 3 hours journey from kochi and I can assure it will be an unforgettable movements for you and your wife.

I'd suggest Gavi

[QUOTE=susanth;250728]Hey everyone, we recently moved to kochi after our marriage and I would like to take my wife to some of the best place from kochi on this weekend please suggest some of the good places to visit like wildlife, Beaches, and Backwaters places within 150-200 km from kochi.[/QUOTE]

It's about 177 Km (3 hours drive) from Cochin. At an altitude of 1100m, Gavi is located among moist tropical forests and grasslands, adjacent to the famous Periyar Tiger Reserve, in the Western Ghats of Kerala. The two-hour jeep ride from Kumily will take you past hills and valleys, tropical forests, sprawling grasslands, cascading waterfalls and cardamom plantations. Gavi offers the unique opportunity of camping in the wilderness - a rarity in wildlife areas throughout India. You explore the forests mostly on foot and on one or two jeep safaris. It's a different side of Kerala!

Hello susanth, I would like to suggest you few other places to visit with your wife, you can visit Kodanad it is a very beautiful rural riverside village and a very popular picnic spot near Cochin. This is 59 kms (37 miles.) just one hour travel from Kochi. Kodanad is situated on the south bank of river Periyar and on the lower ranges of the Western Ghats, about 42 kilometers north-east of Cochin city. And you can also visit Athirappally & Vaczhachaal it is Located at about 85 kms from Cochin. This place is very famous for waterfalls of the Sholayar Ranges of the Vazhachal Forest Division.

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in India Travel
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh