+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: project

Question project

hii....!
    suggest me some projects that can be used as both physics and chemistry project............for class xii
    tell me the topic plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!

Hi Ankuaj,

I think, these projects can be performed on both physics and chemistry labs. They are:

The mathematics of snowflakes
    The effect of solar activity on radio propagation
    Observations of magnetic permeability of different materials
    Index of refraction of liquids versus temperature

A Penny's Worth of Hydrogen
    Compare fruits for their sugar contents
    Kinetic Experiments; Effect of concentration on the rate of reactions

Unhappy chemisry as well as physics....

hiii....
    can i also get the material on these topicss......!!!!!!!!
    plzzzz help me out.......???

Hi the topics mentioned above are very interesting projects; sure u can secure good marks if u attempt either of them….
    I have done A Penny's Worth of Hydrogen project when I was doing my 12th std, I have shared its procedure, calculations and model question details below. Have a look!!

Questions and Calculations:

1. Calculate the mass of zinc that was inside the penny.

2. Calculate the percentage composition of each element that was in the penny.

3. Research the actual percentage of zinc in a “modern” penny, identify your source, and then calculate your percentage error.

4. The reaction between the “Penny” and Hydrochloric Acid (HCl) was a single replacement reaction. Write and balance the single replacement reaction equations using all appropriate symbols and subscripts.
    Zn (s) + HCl (aq) ---->
    Cu(s) + HCl (aq) ---->
    5. Rank in terms of reactivity (create an activity series) … Hydrogen, copper, and zinc.

Procedure:
    >> Using a triangular file, make several small vertical notches on the edge of a penny. The shiny zinc color should be evident.

>> Determine the mass of the penny using an electronic lab balance and record the mass on the data table.

>> Place the penny in a small beaker and bring it to the teacher. The teacher will then cover the penny with diluted HCl. beware while using HCl

>> Observe the evolution of the gas as the reaction proceeds. Record any observations on the data table.

>> Store the beaker/penny in the provided cabinet. The reaction will continue overnight.

>> The next day after the evolution of gas has stopped, carefully pour the acid into the sink while cold water is running.

>> Refill the beaker with water and repeat the prior step three more times.

>> Using forceps, carefully remove what is left of the penny from the beaker. Be careful not to crush the penny. Carefully run cold water over the penny to remove any trace of acid.

>> Observe the penny and record your observations on the data table.

>> Allow the penny to air dry.

>> Remass the penny and record the mass in the data table.

Question projectsssssssss..........

the topic u suggested me can performed in physics as well as chemistry lab.....

plzzzzz tell me..

Hi ankuaj!
    R u really a science student???
    By seeing this experiment, the chemical equations and the elements, you dint understood that this is a chemistry project??

Question projectssss

m jst asking ....... how can i perform ths project in science labbbbb ....
    can u suggest me another project with material........ which can be performed in the lab....

Hey guyzz.. Try this one… This is a chemistry project...

Project to Make a Battery From a Lemon
    All you need for this project are:
    1. Stiff Copper Wires
    2. Wire clippers
    3. Steel paper clip
    4. Sandpaper
    5. Lemon

What you do is:
    # Strip 2 inches of insulation off the copper wire. Clip the 2 inches of bare wire with the paper clippers.
    # Straighten out the paper clip and cut about 2 inches of the straightened steel wire, or use a 2-inch piece or strip of zinc.
    # Use sandpaper to smooth any rough spots on the ends of the wire and paper clip or piece of zinc.
    # Squeeze the lemon gently with your hands. But don't rupture the lemon's skin. Rolling it on a table with a little pressure works great.
    # Push the pieces of the paper clip and the wire into the lemon so they are as close together as you can get them without touching.
    # Moisten your tongue with saliva. Touch the tip of your wet tongue to the free ends of the two wires. You should be able to feel a slight tingle on the tip of your tongue and taste something metallic.

Observation:

The lemon battery is called a voltaic battery, which changes chemical energy into electrical energy.
    The battery is made up of two different metals (the steel paper clip and the copper wire). These are called electrodes, which are the parts of a battery where electric current enters or leaves the battery. The electrodes are placed in a liquid containing an electrolyte, which is a solution that can conduct electricity.

In a solution of water and an electrolyte, like the acid in the lemon, an excess of electrons collects on one end of the electrodes. At the same time, electrons are lost from the other electrode.

Touching the electrodes to your tongue closes the circuit and allows a small electric current to flow. A single lemon produces about 7/10 of a volt of electricity. If you connected two lemons together, you can power an inexpensive digital watch (uses about 1.5 volts). (Use a length of thin, flexible wire to connect the silver wire of one lemon to the copper wire of the other lemon. Then attach thin wires from the other two wires in the lemons to where a battery's positive and negative poles connect to power the watch.)

The tingle felt in your tongue and the metallic taste is due to the movement of electrons through the saliva on your tongue.

Unhappy projectttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt.. ...

i want a good physics project which can be performed in the lab and want full material on it..............????????
    plzz help me.......(((

Hii Ankuaj!!!
    You can perform the following physics experiment. It is bit difficult. But If you can take your professors help then it will be easy for you to understand.

Prism Experiments.

The most famous effect of prisms is the rainbow. The refraction of light that occurs in a prism also has the result of splitting white light into its component colors. This splitting is because different wavelengths of light travel at different speeds when crossing into a new medium (such as the glass of a prism). A simple experiment involving rainbows is to show how rainbows always exhibit the same colors in the same order. Shine a bright white light directly onto a prism. Place a white piece of paper opposite the light to catch the rainbow. Using several different prisms, record the rainbow colors that you see. Make sure to note the order of the colors.

You can also recreate Isaac Newton's famous prism experiment. When you shine the white light onto one prism, a rainbow is produced. Instead of projecting that rainbow onto a white surface, aim the rainbow so that it directly hits a second prism. Place the white surface behind the second prism so that light will hit it. You may need to adjust the prisms to line them up carefully. You will find that the second prism refracts the light again. This should produce the effect of combining the colors of the rainbow back into white light.

I am not a physics student or teacher to help you in arranging apparatus of this experiment.
    You are in school; you can take the guidance of teachers.
    This is just an idea. You get prism in the stationary shops.
    Ask your teachers guidance in performing the experiment.

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Education in India
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh