+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: chemistry project.....!!!!!!!!!!

Unhappy chemistry project.....!!!!!!!!!!

hiiiii....!!!
    can u plz suggest me the topic for chemistry project of class xiith.....???????????
    plzzzzzz.....!!!!!

Hi Ankuaj,

This is the most important period of a student’s life to innovate and explore new things. Try to do the projects, so that you can get rewards from the higher authorities of the school management. Doing the projects that comes under syllabus may not help you in future.

I will give you the most interesting projects topics in this thread:

How to control the Global Warming using Iron Oxide???
    Estimation of Content of Bone Ash

Sterilization of Water using Bleaching Powder
    Determination of Contents of Cold Drinks
    Foaming capacity of Soaps

Hope, this may help you!!!

Unhappy

the topics u suggested is not possible for me to perform in the lab and my teacher had also said these projects wouldnt work for me as these cannot be performed in the lab....

so plzzzzz suggest me some good projects with their materials alsoo...... plzzzzzz...............................

Hi,

I recommend you to work on Electrolysis of Water without a Hoffman Apparatus project; this is pretty interesting and this experiment also determines to give good scores.

ELECTROLYSIS OF WATER WITHOUT A HOFFMAN APPARATUS

Introduction:-
    Hoffman Apparatus is basically used for water electrolysis. Hydrogen and oxygen gases formed in tubes can easily be measured because both tubes are graduated. Water analysis can also be performed with less complex devices that you can assemble at home or at your lab.

The Questions For Water Analysis Experiment Are:-
    1. What gas will be produced in an anode?
    2. How do ionic compounds help the electrolysis of water?
    3. How does electrolysis of water affect the pH of water in or around electrodes?
    4. What gas will be produced in a cathode?
    5. What is the ratio of produced gases?

Description:-
    For this project you will have to design and perform a simple water electrolysis using the material that you can find at home. You will then examine the results and draw a termination for each of the questions projected above. As this is a chemistry project you will need some chemicals, test tubes and beakers. Please make sure you can obtain such chemicals before choosing this project.

The Chemicals Required Are:-
    • Magnesium Sulfate
    • PH indicator paper
    • Sodium Hydroxide
    • Hydrochloric Acid

Check with with your instructor to make sure wdr this project is acceptable or not!!
    Last edited by raghu181; 07-12-2012 at 11:47 AM.

Question chemistryyyyy project..........

i want fullll material on this project with aim , appartus reqiured, procedure, observations, result, precautions,and some pictures alsooooo...... plzzzzz help me ...
    i m very upset....... need to finish the project as fast as i can...............

Hey Ankuaj
    Come-on! Show your little smartness at least…

I can’t draw any diagram here, if you type Electrolysis of Water on Google, u will get infinite number of diagrams as u wish….

FULL MATERIAL OF ELECTROLYSIS OF WATER:-

Materials: -
    1. 60 mL of bromothymol blue - Optional
    2. 10 mL of 1M Hydrochloric acid - Optional
    3. 10 mL of 1M Sodium hydroxide - Optional
    4. 1 Litre beaker
    5. 1 Litter of 1 M Sodium Sulfate
    6. 2 electrodes - one is Nichrome wire and the other is Platinum wire and foil
    7. 2 test tubes
    8. Column Stand
    9. Stirring rod
    10. Pasteur pipettes
    11. Ruler
    12. Candle
    13. Matches
    14. Wooden splints
    15. Hoffman electrolysis apparatus
    16. DC power supply with clip leads – Take from EIS

DESCRIPTION:-
    Water is decomposed into hydrogen and oxygen gases using electricity. A Hoffman electrolysis apparatus collects the two gases separately and shows the 2 to 1 ratio properly. If a pH indicator is used the anode becomes yellow and cathode becomes blue. Hydrogen gas can be burned to produce a small pop sound and the oxygen can be used to re-ignite a glowing wooden splint.

CONCEPT:-
    When a DC current is passed though aqueous sodium sulfate solution, water is oxidized at the anode producing O2 and that reduces at the cathode producing H2. The solution becomes acidic at the anode and basic at the cathode.

PROCEDURE:- Look At Diagram
    BEFORE CLASS:-
    • Put in the electrodes on the Hoffman apparatus.
    • Increase the apparatus on the column stand.
    • If indicator is needed, add the bromothymol blue to the sodium sulfate and this will turn to blue, but you want it to be green so add drops of NaOH to make bluer or HCl to make more yellow. Follow this procedure until the solution is green.
    • Close the stop cocks on the Hoffman apparatus. Pour the sodium sulfate into the apparatus through the bulb until the bulb is filled.
    • Open one of the stop cocks and let the solution fill that arm of the apparatus. Do this for both the side.

DURING CLASS:-
    • Clip the black lead from the negative terminal of the power supply to the cathode marked with a +.
    • Clip the red lead form the positive terminal of the power supply to the other electrode.
    • Bubbles should start to evolve on both electrodes.
    • Adjust the power supply to 15-20 volts and 1.5 amperes.
    • Make sure that bubbling is not too forceful to push bubbles of gas to the middle arm of the Hoffman Apparatus.
    • Allow the electrolysis to continue during the lecture.
    • After about 45 minutes you should have about 22 cm of H2 and 11 cm of O2.
    • Turn off the power supply & disconnect the leads.
    • Measure the amount of gas with the ruler.
    • Light the candle and make a match handy.
    • Open the stop cock on the cathode and collect the H2 in a test tube.
    • Put your finger over the top of the test tube, light the match in the candle and then put the match up to the mouth of the test tube. It should make a soft burst.
    • Collect the O2 gas at the anode in another test tube.
    • Light the splint in the candle and let burn for a few seconds.
    • After some seconds blow the splint out and while it is still glowing insert it into the test tube. It should reignite the splint.

CLEAN-UP NOTES:-
    • Ensure the power supply is off and turned down to the lowest settings.
    • Close both stop cocks.
    • Pour the sodium sulfate solution back into the beaker from the bulb until the middle arm of the apparatus is emptied. The sodium sulfate solution with or without indicator can be reused.
    • Pour the contents of the beaker into a bottle.
    • Rinse the apparatus & electrodes with plenty of water and let them dry.
    • Wipe up any spills of sodium sulfate.

SAFETY NOTES:-
    • Be careful of explosive hydrogen and oxygen mixtures.
    • It is a good plan to burn the gases off to prevent a dangerous mixture.
    • Sodium Sulfate, Hydrochloric acid, and Sodium Hydroxide will irritate skin, so wear gloves and goggles.
    • Handling apparatus can be complicated so take a practice b4 experimenting in front of instructor.

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Education in India
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh