+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: Nehru trophy boat race in Kerala

Nehru trophy boat race in Kerala

Hello People,

Have ever heard of Boat Race? Even I have not heard of it and now I have an eager to know about it. My brother wants to surprise me on my birthday by taking me to Alappuzha, Kerala where actually the event is taking place. I want to know about before I reach the place to enjoy the surprise. Kindly give me the information about the race.

Thanks!

Hello,

I could gather some information about the race which youíre looking for this race. Nehru Trophy Boat Race is a yearly event which is organized at the Punnamada Lake in Alleppey, Kerala. The event occurs in the month of August of every year. This race is called as Vallam Kali and the various races conducted are Churulan vallam, Odi vallam, Vaipu Vallam, Vadakkanody Vallam and Kochu Vallam.

Itís a major tourist attract game. Jawaharlal Nehru, the first prime minister of India visited Kerala and he was given a loud greeting by the people of alleppey, accompanied by the huge snake boats. Nehru viewed the excitement of sailing in a snake-boat and donated a rolling trophy to be awarded to the winner of the race.

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Sports in India
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh