+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: Healthy eating habits for children

Healthy eating habits for children

Hi Friends,

My nephews whose ages are 5 and 7, hate eating food. Instead, they go crazy for junk foods. My brother-in-law always argues with my sister for this. Though my sister convinces her children, they are not all interested to have healthy food.

I am looking for healthy eating habits for children to help my sister to bring up her kids in a healthy way.

Share your valuable replies here!!!

Hi Pradeep,

Feeding children with junk foods is such a bad habit, and it will either lead to obesity or cause physical ailments. As you said, they are of 5 and 7 years old, it’s the right time to correct their food habit. Do not threaten or beat them while changing their food habit.

Try to convince them by saying all the negative effects of consuming junk foods. Within a month’s time, they’ll get adjusted to the healthy food habit. Here are some of the healthy eating habits for children:

1. Have regular family meals.
    2. Avoid bribing your child with food.
    3. Avoid restricting desserts or other treats
    4. Be a role model by eating healthy yourself.
    5. Serve a variety of healthy foods and snacks.

6. Never use food as a reward or punishment.
    7. Make a variety of healthy snacks available instead of empty calorie snacks
    8. Encourage them to eat slowly and discourage them to eat in front of the TV.
    9. Cook more meals at home and tell them uses of the vegetables and fruits they eat.
    10. Let your kids to be involved in shopping the groceries and in food preparation. This makes them know the nutritional values of all the veggies, fruits, etc.

Hope, this will help your sister to change her kids!!!

Feeding children with junk foods is such a bad habit, and it will either lead to obesity or cause physical ailments. As you said, they are of 5 and 7 years old, itís the right time to correct their food habit. Do not threaten or beat them while changing their food habit.

Junk food are neither good for children nor to the older folks. It is better you give some home made food to your children. Home made food is filled with finest ingredients and essential vitamins, proteins and minerals like Calcium to build strong bones and teeth.

tell them to not give money to buy junk foods, just scare their kid that junk food has lot of infections it may cause them with various diseases put some nice story so they never touch foods from outside children psychology

A healthy food habits is very much important for the children between the ages 5-7. As deepika said try to convince them by saying all the negative effects of consuming junk foods……

Here are some of the healthy eating habits for children;

• Give them variety of fruits and vegetables.
    • Please do not add more amount of sugar in drinks and foods
    • Please do not encourage them to watch TV, when having food because, they will not get the nutrients from the food
    • Always encourage them to drink more water
    • Please ask them to eat slowly or else the food may not be grinded and it may cause indigestion

I think this would really help your sister to have healthy food habits for her kids…….

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Toddlers & Kids
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh