+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: Advice

Advice

Both my friends (guy and girl) are british citizen and kind of got married, not legally.

Both went to India. The girl side did not do any of the ceromonies of marriage apart from a pooja and the guys side did everything. In a hall they did some of the hindu vidhis, they went rounf a divo, was not a fire. They both did not sign anything on paper not in India or England.

They do not want to be together and just want to stay friends. They want a seperation done legally in India (both are in England), as their parents wants them to be together but they dont want to.

How can they go about this. Need some advice as I want to help them.
    Also, can both get married to someone else in future if they want?

Please help. Thanks in advance

Hii

I just want to know few things before I could give some suggestion... Are they both Indians?? Did their families knows about their marriage ? And why do they want to get seperate all of a sudden ? And get marry to other person ? and you are telling you are their friend arent you solved their problem and make them to understand to live together ? Is their condition tooo bad that they must get seperated is it? Kindly reply...

Hi,

They are both british citizens, but indian. Yes, their families made them do this, the girl had no choice because of her family. This is not all of a sudden, they have been having a lot of problems so it is a mutual agreement to seperate.

They are just also enquiring IF in future they want to get married, will that be ok?

Yes, they have tried but it is better to seperate. It is a mutual agreement.

Hello Soni,

When it is not a legal marriage, why do they need to bother about lawful divorce...?

If either of this couple wanted to do wedding again, there is no issue until they share all his/her past issue....

So, as they both are prepared to quit the relationship; the separation can be done in this way, like burning all their marriage photographs, returning back their all apparels and jewels, if possible any person can change the citizenship...

Hi Sparklegirl,

yes, but if they both want to get married to someone in india, will they have a problem with the embassy if their parents gave the embassy pictures of rituals they did and other evidence to say they are married?

They both dont want to have a problem in the future

Thanks

90% percent they will be under trouble, So without make the issue public, tell both your friends to give divorce legally; as this incidence happened 1year ago time the divorce process will not take much time.

Hi Vishnu_s

Thanks, but the problem is that they are both not legally married, so I dont think divorce is the answer.

Yes, Off course! They both will be under trouble until and unless their families sit and discuss about this issue…. Being idle will not bestow enduring solution, So request all important people to gather together and finalize the topic…

Also if both spouses wish to marry other person, it’s safe to inform the past relationship details to that new family at initial phase itself…….

Would a statutory declaration be valid?

Thumbs up Vedic ceremonies holds no good proof of marriage for foreign nationals.

Dear Soni,
    First of all for a foreign national to marry in India, they have to stay more than 30 days in India and do whole bunch of paperwork like giving advertisement and all, need 3 witness and lawyer. Unless you have signed the paperwork, vedic ceremonies hold no proof for marriage. As far as they have not registered for a marriage they are good and nobody can do anything about there past. Tell them to move on and find the people they like and get married if they wish so. I have talked to Indian Immigration lawyer in the past, you can always ask or look for yahoo answers i am sure you find something close for what you are looking for.

Goodluck!

Hi Soni,

You are saying that, their parents are against their separation, (i.e., you’ve mentioned that if they gave the pictures of rituals and other evidence to say they are married to the embassy), then why they opt for parting???

If the girl’s parents are totally against this wedding, then ask her to come out of her home as all the wedding ceremonies are done by the acceptance of the guy’s family.

If not, I feel that there won’t be any legal problems, as their wedding is not legally registered.

regarding love problem

Hello
    See what i think is they are not possessing any legal issues here in India but they can face problems outside India. as they must have completed all the formalities needed for them to prove them as a couple. they must contact the embassy and should collect necessary details and verification required for the divorce.

Hey Shailesh, I agree with one point which you have mention and it is the best advice that you have given, this is the time where they have to seat together with their parents and talk to each other regarding their problems with the elders, they have to make a decision on their own for better future.

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Indian Weddings
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh