+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: Need certificate of the wedding that happened in Feb 2011 from register office.

Need certificate of the wedding that happened in Feb 2011 from register office.

Hello,

I was married in the month of Feb 2011 and I need the marriage certificate from Marriage register office.
    I was married in a church at Ramnagar.
    Can anyone please help me with the information of the registration office that is associated with Ramnagar.
    Its urgent and I have no clue.

Please help

Shobha

Hello Shoba..
    You will surely get the marriage certificate..
    First of all consult some advocate near your residence and ask him about the Sub-registrar office to which you belong to. They will do the enquiry and confirm your sub-registrar office.
    The documents you needed are as follows:
    Your and your partner’s Birth Proof and Address Proof.
    For birth proof you need – 10th mark sheet/ 12th mark sheet/ birth certificate
    For address proof you need – ration card/ driving license/ passport/ rental agreement
    Identity Proof – Pan Card/ passport
    Your marriage invitation
    (Proof)Receipt of the place where your marriage held. If you are married in church then you might have given some amount of money to book for marriage and in return they might have given you some receipt. You should produce a copy of this receipt. In case if you had lost your receipt, you will get a duplicate from your church. If both are impossible for you, then ask some kind of proof from your church itself. They will surely give in a paper with stamp of the church.
    6 Joined photos of you and your partner.

After producing these documents they will call you one day for signature. On that day you should go along three witnesses for you and your partner.
    After these procedures, you will get the certificate within few days.

For all these procedure and you have all the original documents, then the vakil will charge you about 3,000 to 5,000 Rs.

Thanks aries

Hello Aries 31,

thanks a lot for your reply. that was really very helpful.
    I have checked with an advocate and he said he will let me know soon.
    U made my job easy.... thank you so much.

Shobha

hii,

Did you approach any lawyer? what did they said? How much is he charging for it? How long will it take to get the certificate?

Hello Swarnalatha,

Luckyly, I could talk to the church pastor and found out the sub-register i should contact. They said, i will have to apply for it first providing the documents mentioned above and they will give a date to come and get it registered. It will take atleast a month it seems. If you have the certificate provided by the Pastor, they will attest it in couple of days.

Shobha

It is really nice shoba,

First of all you should thank your church pastor who helped you in finding out the sub-registrar office…………
    You provide all the documents mentioned above and they will guide you with the procedure...

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Indian Weddings
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh