+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: GIR national park - best time to visit

GIR national park - best time to visit

Hi folks………

Usually every year I will visit some tourist destinations, so this time I am planning to visit gujarath. One of my friends recommended to visit “gir national park” where 300 asiatic lions are found, normally it is very rear to see huge number of lions at one place and now, I got an opportunity to see it and I do not want to miss it, so if you guys can tell me which will be the best time to visit, it will be really helpful for me, please do reply as soon as possible

Thank you!!!!!!!

I agree with you kumar……..

It is very rear to see so many lions at a time in one place, especially Asiatic lions……

The famous Gir national park faces the extremes of temperature. During summer the temperature touches a maximum of 46 degrees and in winter it touches up to the minimum of 6 degrees the park will be kept open from November to May, but the best time to visit is December to march.

GIR National park and WIld life Sanctuary is located in Gujarat. It is famous for Lions especially Asiatic Lions and is considered to be one of the most important protected areas. Total number of Lions present in this forest according to 2010 census is around 411. The forest is surrounded by seven perennial rivers such as Datardu, Shingoda, Machhundri, Raval, Godavari, Hiran and Shetrunji.
    December to March is the best time to visit this forest. It has wildlife safari. It will be very hot during summer with the temperature crossed around 43 degrees Celsius. But the sanctuary will remain open throughout the year.

Few of my friends who have been to this place has told me about this place and their experiences In GIR National park, Bit i have never been there to this place. According to my friends experiences In GIR National park they told me that this is the best wild life park and they will visit this place very soon again. They had been to this place in the month of Jan 2013, and they are planning to this place this month, Let's hope that they are going if the go even ill be joining them and and come back to share my personal experiences in GIR National park.

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in About Homeland
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh