+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: Ethnic Traditional Marriage

My question is what is the stand of traditional marriage in islam? like in my country nigeria we have many tribes and different cultures, there are these inter tribes n cultural marriage that usually occurs between our society, be it muslim or christian one must obey the tradition before any thing can take place n the groom must pay a dowry, depending on that culture. all normal procedure will took place accordingly. my problem is that if you are a muslim is that wedding ok or you have to do another wedding according to islamic rite. Thanks

Please with regard to my question ethnic traditional marriage i need concrete response that will be my reason for being convinced or good references from the QURAN, HADITH, islamic ulamas scholarly writing.

Islamic wedding ceremonies are quite different compared to other traditional practices. Once the couple signs the marriage contract, the wedding will be held public with all friends relatives etc... In Muslim wedding you can see some colorful, cultural variations from different places. In addition to the usual marriage, there is a different fixed-term or time marriage which is popularly known as Nikāḥ al-Mutʿah ("temporary marriage"). This is permitted only by twelvers, for a prior fixed time; not recognized and glowered by other branches of Islam. This is how the ethnic traditional marriage of Islams go.

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Indian Weddings
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh