+Post New Topic + Post Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Maxfort School

The school would definately impress you once you meet the director of the school.The atmosphere is caring warm and gentle,your child would be in safe hands and wont ever be pressurised but the school lacks so much as per actvities are concerned....ur kid wud stay in the classroom all the time and my kid has grown more shy and introvert....if u are to boost overall confidence,stage exposure and want ur kid to spend as much time in extra activities as in class,then maxfort is surely not the place to be....nursery class is the one where we only wish and pray that child is settled soon...but now its been quite a time n now when my child is settled,i hv the time to worry about other things....i am not very impressed with the headmistress,not very convincing lady...some teachers are good,some are only manipulative.i guess every school has some gud n bad points but activities boost confidence in child n make going to school fun.

that's really nice.

yeah....i mean even i am not satisfied....not upto the mark. :@

caring mother are you talking about maxfort dwarka or pitampura? and what class is your child currently in? i heard that the teachers in nursery are very kind and smart.
    and whos's the headmistress and director?
    why is the HM not convincing
    and what all is didsatisfying?
    i really want to know about the school..

|-) Gosh! Ill go nuts. Its been 2 weeks now... have been looking for a good play school for my daughter in Dwarka.I was thinking of putting her as far as Vasant Kunj ( Adyant). I DONT WANT my daughter to go to MOthers Pride AT ALL. My son passed out from the Punjabi Bagh branch.... it was pThetic. X tremely commercial. I dont meant in terms of money but activities/exposure to the kid. The child at this age needs to have fun run in the garden, enjoy and HAVE FUN.All the do is put heavy make up on the kids, dress them up as Miss Universe... this is soo silly and at times can be devastating for the childs childhood.
    SOME ONE OUT THERE PLEASE SUGGEST>>>>

Dear Zonked mother
    Hi, I have been staying in dwarka from last 6 years i can suggest you a play school of your types STRAWBERRY KIDS which is located in sec-12 near Bal Bhawan & bAL bHARTI SCHOOL. the owner of the school is Ms Ritu Rajput.I think u will like the school.

Dear Zonked Mother,
    U can look for Kids Meadow play school in sector 22 for play school.
    Can any one suggest good school for Kg in dwarka

i have seen brats n cuties in sec 11 i guess,building seems to be gud,rest you can gather info from others...about KG,u'll have to fo for a formal school..

I too have my kid in Maxfort Dwarka and am seriously shifting to another school, since I have really very bad experience with Maxfort. The school has been talking about facilitation and empowerment, but nothing of that sort takes place there. I have visited a school, Nirmal Bhartia School (NBS) in sector 14, which is not a "all hype and no substance" school like others including Maxfort. The school focuses on the community schooling concept which is an advanced concept catching up in US and other developed countries. The community schooling method works on building intimate child-parent-community connections which build emotionally secure learning and lot of engagement in learning through myriad of community /project activities. I got curious after interacting with parents of some of the students studying there and they were all full of appreciation for NBS. I looked at the internet for the community school concept and found it very appealing. My interaction with the principal, Mrs. Charu Wahi and others made me realize that NBS has certain core values and principles and hence is not a principal /headmistress driven school, unlike Maxfort which is now suffering due to departure of a visionary principal.

I have my kid in NBS and I am really proud of their schooling...I get to participate in a number of class room activities which I and my kid love...she really loves to go to school and is so confident..loves to learn. End of the day I think that is what matters..I have interacted a lot with their principal Charu madam and their chair person Pooja Jhaver. They have a good vision and I think they are doing well.

are u saying that deepa kumar has left the school?she was my only hope......please tell me more about NBS

Deepakumar is still there, she is the director, not HM. Reg NBS, I would suggest you visit their school in sector 14 opposite to sect-14 metro station. What I liked about NBS is their single minded focus on community schooling concept, which is the best method to develop child holistically as per the latest researches (in US). Other schools literally dish out hundreds of schemes and ideas and I am sure most of which are not practised. :-S All the best.

Hi,My child is in Nirmal Bhartia School and my experience with the school is good. Parents get lot of opportunities to get involved in school and classroom activities which is a great, since I get a first hand information about my daughters progress and she loves it too. Their assessment test are friendly and cordial and they are very helpful and understanding. Will be better (all maxfortian mothers not happy) if you could visit the school on SUNDAY 23rd NOV '08 between 11 am to 5 pm when they are conducting an OPEN INTERACTIVE EVENT. (Y)

Hi everyone.It was really good to know the concerns all of you shared.Let me tell you that i have been to different parts of India and have seen many of the best schools.I always was concerned about the quality of education.Seems like you guys have been besotted by things not happening as per your wishes.My thoughts: Maxfort-Dwarka is a new school and is transforming itself to the ever growing demands of what education in today's world should be.there had been talks of previous and present with respect to change in management/HM/PR. Whats the big deal in that. Change is the only thing constant in life.Change brings in ethos of the changing times.3 year old School has made a good name in Dwarka for sure.The traffic outside the school during morning and afternoon bears testimony to that.This is possible only if the leadership has a vision. The vision is in the form of management,director,HM and the teachers.As a parent, I am proud that not only my kid but every student there is a brand ambassador for the values we cherish.

Hi mothers looking for admission, all i can say is take a good look at the school and management.If possible speak to few parents and children get feedback before u decide on admission ..

Hi all,

I am surprised at so much of negativity flowing around regarding Maxfort Dwarka. In my view it is an excellent school. They maintain excellent teacher-children ratio and the Headmistress and the Director are the main pillars who hold on to the school. Even the teachers are very impressive.

I have 2 children in class 5 and KG resp and I deal with different teachers at both levels.

Infact when you talk about traffic, let me share my experience. During the Theaterama scheduled on 6th Dec, we parked our car outside and the Guard came running saying Mam please park here ( which was closer to school gate) so that we can keep an eye. I was impressed at the effort taken even by the guards.

While entering all was properly marked and we were guided to the venue very nicely. The teachers are all smiling and helpful ( and it is not only the class teacher who exhibits such behaviour but all present) . The programs are all scheduled and timings ( which IS a great constraint for all these days) are adhered to.

If you see the program for the Nursery and kinder garden , each child is given a chance to be on stage, say 2 lines and is appreciated for it.

C'mom ladies, pls be practical. A school cannot position itself just because others have not been able to do it. All schools have impressive buildings and great looking brochers. Talking about Maxfort creating hypes, If hypes are created , my dear, I think parents are smart enough not to get lured by such hypes. Every parent does a lot of research before admitting their child to any school.

I would suggest please do not move on a different tangent and talk about schools reputation if a few are dissatisfied. I am satisfied and would encourage others to also put their children in Maxfort.

Sapna

Hi All, If you are not happy with your child's present school and seriously thinking of changing to a good school BUT the only constraint is the one time fee charged. Please note there are some goodschools in Dwarka who donot charge any onetime fee.

Hi..my wife is planning to admit our son in maxfort but i am little skeptical about it. Can somebody suggest/advise whether it is the right decision or not.

Hi ...Can somebody tell me the schools that doesnot charge the one time fee or donation....my child is in Class IV and i am looking for a good school in Dwarka.

i would say every school has to survive through the competetive atmosphere so each one has its own drawbacks n plus sides.maxfort is highly applealing if you look through the vision of the director....i dont know how much of it is actually followed by the staff....i have one of my friends kid in that school and i feel stage exposure is less....2 lines is ok but the no of times a kid stages a performance is not ok.It is only once an year...i feel more often kids face teh audience,more confident they become...as per syllabus and other activities,i am not sure..i went once and the teacher was talking only in hindi to my friend even when my friend was communicating in english,i found this a big negative thing...u dont force a child to speak in a particular language..the child learns things from what we speak.On the other side maxfort is very secure school,there is checking of cards daily and guards are indeed very nice,they keep an eye over things..this is all i know,hope it is helpful.

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Toddlers & Kids
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh