+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: is divorce needed

is divorce needed

Friends

I have been asking the same question again and again... 3 yrs before i have registered a marriage with my gf and post which my gf had gone to states... we have not seen each other after that and we have not dine anything which a husband and wife are supposed to do... we dint even live together for a day.. now she doesnt want me in her life and wants a split up... myself anf my gf only knows abt this register marriage... its been more than a year since v spoke . Can this marriage be made void without divorce??? We really cant take this as marriage... this is not a marriage at all so is divorce necessary in this case if we are not revealing it to anyone in future???

Thumbs up Divorce with mutual consent.

Dear Sriram,
    I am not a lawyer to guide you, I am sure you can file for divorce with mutual consent. I know divorce can be a stigma in Indian society, but you have to abide by laws, in case you decide to marry again, it will be illegal without divorcing the old wife. I have read similar questions on yahoo answers, may be you can google more and get info. Goodluck!

Hi,

srirammba84 listen to prakash what he has said is right, it is best to get divorced with mutual consent. in-case something happens in the future...!

@ above

@ above

thanks for the prompt reply

My question is, what if we dont reveal about the register marriage to anyone?? Neither me nor my gf is going to reveal it out... She is going to look after her future and i am going to take care of mine... We are not going to ditch our own lives...l If we are not letting it out, is it necessary in that case??

Getting a divorcee tag for a guy or gal who are actually not married with rituals and have never lived for even a day is gruesome and the future of both of us wil get dumped

Kindly advise

[QUOTE=Chandresh Chheda;274972]Hi,

srirammba84 listen to prakash what he has said is right, it is best to get divorced with mutual consent. in-case something happens in the future...![/QUOTE]

Thumbs up Polygamy In India is illegal for Hindus.

If you get married to someone now without divorcing the old wife, you are technically in polygamy(married to more than one wife) which is illegal for Hindus in India. Somewhere down the line if they found out, you will go to jail. Divorce is the only option for you if don't want to be with your wife. You can always meet the person you like and after you decide to marry, you can always explain the situation, if she has a prob, move on and find another one you like. I know divorce is a stigma in Indian society, but being a man, its still lot easy to find a spouse, than if you are a women and divorced. Hiding and lying is not the solution. Goodluck!

Rightly said prakash!!!!

Look sriram, if you wanted to stay with her then there is no use in giving divorce. If not! There is no other go you should apply for divorce. Because, without her giving divorce, if you marry another girl then finally you will face the consequences in the future, not only you will get affected, but the girl whom you are going to marry will be under problem. So take a good decision. As much as possible try talking to her and live together, that is the best advice that I can give for you. Hope you understood!!!!!!

pls revert

@ above all

In our case, can the marriage be nullified?? i mean can v end this up as a void marriage cos we dint even live together for a single day and there is no physical relationship even once

Please revert

[QUOTE=Gayatri_Gopalan;275101]Rightly said prakash!!!!

Look sriram, if you wanted to stay with her then there is no use in giving divorce. If not! There is no other go you should apply for divorce. Because, without her giving divorce, if you marry another girl then finally you will face the consequences in the future, not only you will get affected, but the girl whom you are going to marry will be under problem. So take a good decision. As much as possible try talking to her and live together, that is the best advice that I can give for you. Hope you understood!!!!!![/QUOTE]

@all

guys

is dis possible?

I am ready to give divorce considering the fact that we have registered. We have not even been together for a single day and marriage is not according to rituals
    I think she is ditching me for someother guy so while giving divorce, can i add a clause that my existing spouse should not marry that particular person??
    I seriously need to add that clause cos she had given me a lifetime wound which will never get healed

Please advise

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Indian Weddings
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh