+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: How good is ragi food for health?

How good is ragi food for health?

Hai,

My brother read an article about the ragi some time back, and he has got the ragi powder I donít know how to prepare dishes with ragi. I want you guys to help with two things share some recipes and also share information on how good is the ragi food for health. I hope you guys will reply me..?

It is good for health because it provide calorie,protein, sodium and calcium. If you drink at bed time instant of milk that is good choice for you and you can prepare many verities of food with ragi flour. Like ragi dosa, ragi balls, ragi sari

1. ragi sari
    Ragi can be boiled with milk in a semi liquid form and you can have it with little honey or sugar.

2. Ragi dosa

Ingredients that you will need for Ragi dosa are:
    • 2 cups ragi flour or sprouted ragi flour
    • 1 cup dehydrated coconut
    • 1 cup curd
    • salt to taste
    • water
    • Butter

Method to prepare:
    Take the ragi flour or sprouted ragi flour in a bowl add the dessicated coconut, curd and salt to it. Now water to the mixture and start to mix everything well. The batter should be lightly thin then the regular dosa batter and leave it for 20 mins.
    Keep the tawa on the stove and wait for the tawa to get heated and pour the butter on the hot tawa and spread it like a dosa and remove it from the tawa when it is cooked. and its ready to serve in with little butter enjoy it hot…!

I hope you will try these two recipes..?
    Last edited by Chez Moi; 01-03-2013 at 04:02 PM.

Yeah anything made of ragi is good for health

Ragi is always good for health. They are very healthy and nutritious for body .

Its really good. Try it...

Its really good. Try it...

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Food & Drinks
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh