+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: Sabarimala Makaravilakku 2013 date

Sabarimala Makaravilakku 2013 date

Hi friends,

My grandpa, who had a long-time desire to see Maharavilakku in Sabarimala has decided to visit the Sabarimala during this main pilgrimage season. I came to know that, the temple was opened for Mandala Pooja Mahotsavam in December and will be opened in January for Maharavilakku festival.

I would like to know, the Sabarimala Maharavilakku Festival date of 2013 to accompany my grandpa to that sacred pilgrim of Lord Ayyappa?

Hi Shiva,

Yes, the temple was opened for few days for Mandalapooja Mahotsavam from 15th November, 2012 to 26th December, 2012. Mandalapooja is on 26.12.2012. The auspicious celestial star, Makara Jyothi always falls on the day of Makara Sankranti, hence the name was described.

Every year, Makara Sankranti generally falls on 14th January. This year Makara Jyothi is on 14.01.13, i.e., on Monday. On this day, Lord Ayyappa's idol is adorned with Thiruvabharanam (Divine Ornaments of Ayyappa) brought from the home of his ancestors (Pandalam Maharajah at Pandalam Palace). After this, the doors of the Sanctum Sanctorum are thrown open for the 'Aarti'.

At this time, the Divine Light `Makara Jyothi' is visible at `Ponnambalamedu", which is worshiped with great devotion by the devotees.

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in About Homeland
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh