+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: Side Effects of Using Contact Lens

Side Effects of Using Contact Lens

Hi friends,

Before a month, for a cultural event, I wore the contact lens. Though I was unwilling to wear that, I was supposed to put on for that event. I got appreciations from my friends and relatives like; 'it holds good for me, and I look so elegant and my eyes are captivating and so on'. Many of them advised me to wear the contact lenses daily, to look beautiful.

Can someone let me know, the side-effects of using contact lenses, so that I can decide whether to use them or not??? Eagerly waiting for your replies!!!

Hey Dipti,

You can use contact lenses to add a zing to your eyes. at the same time; you should be careful in using them and you have to be more cautious in taking proper care and maintenance. As eyes are very sensitive, you should keep hygiene to maintain your lenses.

Here are some of the common side-effects that are caused…

• If the lenses aren’t maintained hygienically, it will surely end up in eye infection.

• You’ll get a burning sensation, if you try using plastic or silicon.

• If you wear a lens for a long time, tear evaporation or the dry tear glands will make the eyes itchy and dry.

• Allergy is the most common side-effect, if you use lenses. After putting the lenses, the eyes will become red. This hypersensitivity can be due to the lens solution that affects the eyes.

• If you use lens, intraocular fluid from the lens gets deposit on the retina. This fluid can lead to eye infections. You have to use some solution to get that fluid away from your eyes.

• Without a lens, your eyes become red, if a small dust particle enters. If you wear lens, you’ll have a temporary inflammation. It also makes bumps on the eyelids and these swollen eyelids are always painful. These bumps can make it difficult to wear lens till they heal.

Take all the precautions and the cleaning solutions before you start using that lenses!!!

hi dipti

contact lens are not good for eyes n not advisable for long n continuously n its not an substitute for spectacle ..

so use occassionally n for shortest possible time .. and take care to keep clean ur lenses in provided solution n wash ur hands with soap before wearing n before removing ...

As shabana and rajiv said,
    Contact lens are not good for your eyes.
    Either use specs or you can go for laser eye treatment.

I have heard about Laser Eye treatment but how far it is successful I don't know. As far as to my knowledge Laser treatment is one of the successful method to get clear vision
    But one day my friend came to me said that she still have problem in her sight. She underwent laser eye treatment yet she is finding difficult for proper vision.

What do you say friends?
    Do you have any such experience?
    Kindly share with us.

hi pragati

laser treatment - not advisable for everyone ... many crieterias are there to decide for particular patient ...

its not like best treatment or something ... result also depends on many things ...

specs is best .... for other things like laser or contact lens think many times n take doctor advise

Hii,

Shabana was actually right, I was also addicted to using lens.. I was getting all the symptoms which is mention here.. so it is my humble request dont use fancy lenses.. it effects your eye

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Beauty & Fashion
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh