+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: Kumbh Mela 2013

Kumbh Mela 2013

Hello everyone,

Iím starting this thread to know more about Kumbh MelaÖ

I would like to share some information, which I know about Kumbh Mela...

In 2013, Maha Kumbh Mela in Allahabad started on Makr Sankranti, i.e., on 14th January.

This is the festival of wishes. People from every religion and caste are present in the festival in one or another form, saints, and sacred performers from every caste are present in the festival. During Kumbh, Government of India allocates 1,396 hectares of land, which serves accommodation & service center for pilgrimage & tourist.

People having more information on this, can come forward to share their valuable information!!!

Hi Anita,

Thanks for starting such an amazing thread!!!

Kumbh Mela is the greatest pilgrimage and festival in the Hindu religion. The event is a religious and cultural manifestation, which occurs once in 12 years attracting all the religious members from around the globe to take a dip in the holy waters of Ganga, Yamuna, and the mystical Saraswati.

The Mela alternates between Nasik, Allahabad, Ujjain, and Haridwar every three years. The one celebrated at the Holy Sangam in Allahabad is the largest and holiest of them. The Mela is attended by millions of devotees including Sadhus.

Maha Kumbh Festival 2013 is speculated to be one of the biggest congregations in the history of humankind. Last Maha Kumbh witnessed the participation of 70 million people.

Bathing Days for Kumbh Mela 2013 is as follows:

14.1.2013 - Makar Sankranti
    27.1.2013 - Paush Purnima
    10.2.2013 - Mauni Amawasya
    15.2.2013 - Vasant Panchami
    25.2.2013 - Maghi Purnima
    10.3.2013 -Maha Shivratri

Hope, this could be informative!!!

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in About Homeland
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh