+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: Krishna janamashtami 2013 date

Krishna janamashtami 2013 date

Friends..
    I want to know the exact date of Janmaashtami this year. Last year my sister missed to celebrate this festival due to her exams and this year she is going to attend her final year exams. The dates should not collide. She stays in hostel. I want my sister to be with me on Janmaashtami. I am waiting for your reply.

Hi Vijitha,

Celebrating festivals with your dear ones will be really joyful. Even if you miss one family member during festive occasion then you won’t feel like celebrating the festival. I can feel your pain.
    I am married and you see, I am celebrating the festivals alone. I really miss my dear ones. My relatives stay far away from my location. I really feel difficult to travel such far distance just to celebrate festival and come back again.
    Anyways, this year Janmashtami is going to fall on 28th of August (Wednesday).
    Hope your sister will be with you for celebrating this carnival.

Janmashtami, one of the most popular festivals in Hindu religion is celebrated with lot of enthusiasm. The festival commemorates the birth of Lord Krishna. Janmashtami falls every year in the Hindu month of Sravana (August-September). Sri Krishna was born in the 'Rohini' nakshatram (star) to King Vasudeva and Devaki Devi on the eighth day of the dark fortnight in the month of Sravana. This festival is also known as Sri Krishna Jayanti and Krishnashtmi. The actual day of celebration can be on two different days as the star 'Rohini' and Ashtami may not be on the same day. These days correspond to the August and September months on the Gregorian calendar. Sri Krishna Janmashtami celebrates the birthday of Lord Krishna and is observed on the eighth day of the Shukla Paksha of Bhadrapad month as per traditional calendar followed in North India. The corresponding months in other region is the Shravan month. In 2013, the date of Janmashtami in North India is 28 August.

I hope this information that i have shared

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in About Homeland
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh