+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: Who was the Prime Minister of Chandragupta Maurya?

Who was the Prime Minister of Chandragupta Maurya?

Hey guys,

Social is my favorite subject. While preparing for some competitive exam, I came across an article on Chandragupta Maurya, the founder of the Mauryan Empire. He is considered as the first unifier and genuine emperor of our country. At that time, I remembered that behind all the victories of Chandragupta Maurya, there was a brain, who is his Prime Minister. Iím not sure about his name.

Can anyone tell me, who was the Prime Minister of the Mauryan Empire during Chandragupta Maurya period???

Hi Ravi,

Yes, thereís a master brain behind the success of Chandragupta Maurya!

He is Chanakya, who was a teacher at Takshila University, found ChandraGupta Maurya in the Magadha kingdom. Then, Chanakya brought Chandragupta to Takshila, where he took him under his guidance.

Chanakya became his Chief Adviser or Prime Minister. The accession of Chandragupta to the throne was accredited to Chanakya. A major part of the credit for the building of the Maurya Empire also goes to him.

Since the King of Takshila and Gandhara had surrendered to Alexander, Chanakya sought help from other kings to unite and fight against him. Porus (Parvateshwar), a king of Punjab, challenged Alexander at the Battle of the Hydaspes River. However, he got defeated in the battle. After this incident, Chanakya started instilling the idea of building an empire that could fight against foreign invasion into his disciple, Chandragupta.

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in About Homeland
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh