+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: Which festival in Hindu calendar is celebrated at the beginning of New Year?

Which festival in Hindu calendar is celebrated at the beginning of New Year?

Hello everyone,

It has been only few days passed, since New Year. Most of my friends are saying that there are fewer numbers of holidays in 2013, as most of the festivals come on weekends. I think so far, we dint came across any festival in this year.

What do you people say??? Also tell me, which is the first festival in the Hindu calendar to be celebrated during the beginning of the year???

Hi Mahesh,

I think you’ve forgot the most important festival of India, which is the answer for your query!

As per the Hindu calendar, Pongal or Makara Sankranti is the first festival that comes after the New Year. This is the harvest festival that is celebrated throughout India. This auspicious festival of Hindus is observed in different regions, under different names with different rituals in different parts of India. This is renowned with immense dedication, zeal, and gaiety.

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in About Homeland
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh