+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: Calcium rich food for babies

Calcium rich food for babies

Hi all,

I have a one year old girl baby, she will never eat properly she is very week. When i told this to my mom she suggested me to give some calcium rich foods for her, so that, if i give such foods right from this age she can be healthy and strong even in the future days. But i do not know much calcium rich foods; can anyone please do suggest some of the calcium rich foods for babies? Please help!!!

Thank you!!!

Hi veeneetha,

Calcium is very important for babies; if there is lack of calcium in the body the condition of the bones become soft and can break easily. So it is very important to give calcium rich foods for babies in order to make their bones stronger. Calcium deficiency can also contribute to diseases like hypertension, heart disease etc. If you give calcium rich foods right from this age, it will help them to be fit and healthy all the time.

Here i would like to list out few foods that are highly rich in calcium, please have a look at it;

Milk remains to be a rich source of calcium for your baby. Milk and its products are very good and are highly rich in calcium.
    It is also good to give calcium fortified cereals, breads and rice products
    Salmon, tofu and sardines are also good; it is one of the best calcium rich foods.
    For babies’ diary products is the easiest way to get the necessary calcium.
    Soy beans is also one of the best food which is highly rich in calcium

Hope this helped!!

Calcium is an essential nutrient throughout the life......especially for kids. It helps in enhancing the growth and development in babies......... so it is very important to give calcium rich foods right from this age.....though there are many calcium foods, i wanted to give some of the best..........

Fruit juices like orange, apple etc...
    Yogurt is also one of the most important foods for babies.
    Dried plums which are commonly known as prunes are also good for babies

Milk is the calcium rich food..

Hey veneetha,

It is important to give calcium rich foods for babies; because, they will develop a strong bones and teeth as well. You can better give some dairy products like yogurts, milk, cheese etc... these foods are really good for health.

Give milk and healthy fruit juices like orange, apple.

Bottled baby foods help make the transition from breast feeding and formula to fruits and vegetables and meats for your baby. The vitamins and minerals found in the fruits is super healthy for them..

Calcium is one of the most important nutrients for babies; it is not just good for bones. It plays a vital role in many of the functions of human body. A baby ranging from 6 months or a year requires 600 mg per day. It is very important to give them calcium rich foods. One of the biggest calcium is milk. Other than milk you can also give them yogurt, cheese, leafy greens, refreshed orange juice etc......

Hi,
    Calcium is very much essential for baby’s growth, strong teeth and bones. Lack of Calcium may cause brittleness of bone, Kidney diseases, heart diseases, etc… So giving calcium rich food for growing kids is vital. I have listed few eatables that are rich in Calcium below. Hope this information will be very much useful to you to keep your kid healthy.
    • Cheese, Milk, Yogurt
    • Lentils
    • Soybeans
    • Orange Juice
    • Sardines
    • Green Leafy vegetables
    • Nuts
    • Turnips

hi veenetha

first i wannna say tat baby is weak means nothing like she need calcium ....

if u really feel she is weak n not up to the level of her age group kids then first visit a doctor ...

give her good nutritious diet like - milk , green vegetables , fruits , egg , fish ,... include these things in her diet ...

remember growing kids need energy rich food also like carbohydrate [ potato , banana etc ] rich food n fat also ...

rest in detail i can tell when ill know her daily usual diet n her weight n her daily activites ....

Calcium is a necessary element for all living beings, including humans. We humans do lot of things in our daily life so we require more number of calcium, it is even more essential for babies, because it is a chemical component which makes the bones get stronger. There are n number of calcium rich foods for babies, let me just give out few important calcium rich source for babies. Here it goes;

Milk is essential calcium for babies.
    Yogurt is also very rich in calcium.
    Cheese also serves well.
    Spinach is a good source of calcium.
    You can also give out some crushed egg shells, make those into a powder and add to foods or drinks.

Whatever you give make sure that it is limited, anything more than the required amount is harmful.

Milk and spinach have the good source of calcium.

Hey veenetha

Calcium is very much needed for the human beings, because it is a substitute for the bones and makes it strong. It is even more required by babies, if you give them calcium rich foods right from this age, in future they will not have any problems with their bones. The calcium rich foods mentioned above are really good. Among those milk is the best food that is highly rich in calcium, so it is advisable to give them on a regular basis.

Hope you understood!

Milk remains to be a rich source of calcium for your baby. Milk and its products are very good and are highly rich in calcium.
    It is also good to give calcium fortified cereals, breads and rice products
    Salmon, tofu and sardines are also good; it is one of the best calcium rich foods.
    For babies’ diary products is the easiest way to get the necessary calcium.
    Soy beans is also one of the best food which is highly rich in calcium

Bananas are very high in calcium, apart from that milk and egg are rich with calcium.

thanks guys, for sharing your thoughts on Calcium rich food for babies, i was able to learn about the necessity of Calcium food for babies. I am expecting a new member to join my family and i will be having a kid and as a father now i can help my kid provide him Calcium rich food and take good care of his health.

You can also include peanut butter and Soybeans in the diet for children and please Do not give sweets or sweetened beverages to the baby, as they contribute to tooth decay.

You can feed her Nutralite proteins food as well as "Nachani Satva" is a also beneficial for small children s.

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Food & Drinks
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh