+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: Weak in Reading English

Can anyone help me as my son studying in 4th std is weak in reading English as he cant spell them properly so please let me know if any magazine or book or any CD can help him improve it in time before it is too late

you need to encourgage him to read you have to sit with him andhelp him start with easy books with few words if you respond and give me your email add i can help you i have 3 kids and have always done worksheets to help them my daughter is 16,son is 9 and daughter is 5 i have some good ideas that willhelp you i also have some websites which might help you
    dont hesitate it is very important for parents to help kids to get forward and to encourge them to be confident cos if he is having probs he will become shy

Thanks for your suggestion. Iam a Businessman always busy around his mother is also busy but she gives time even then he does not concentrate and hates studies. Even he does not obey his mother so is a problem. Please send website address & studymaterial details. Once again Thanks for a Help.

Hi Naresh,
    Even if you are busy do take time as you don't wan to child to develop a complex...

Start out by asking him to read small books, Comics...gradually move on to more content..
    Be patient with him as he might refuse to co-operate otherwise. Don't make him feel that he's lagging behind
    instead tell him much he's improving with each day.Encourage him to converse in English.

There are a number of read along audio CD's available. They give you a story book and an audio cd where the story is read.

Try taking him to a library and allow him to pick a book of his choice and ask him to try reading it..

Here are few websites.
    [url]www.starfall.com[/url]
    [url]www.internet4classrooms.com[/url]
    [url]www.ipl.org/kidspace/storyhour[/url]
    [url]www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies[/url]

Cheers

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Parenting Teenager
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh