+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: Should I marry this girl ???

Question Should I marry this girl ???

I am 33 years old baniya. My family lives at Mumbai,family net-worth over 50 crores. My elder brother is divorcee. His ex-wife sued us falsely under 498A/406.... to extract money..... That case is over now.
    I live at Thane where we have family business. I look after our family business alongwith my elder brother.
    A month ago, my parents introduced me to a Punjabi girl from Mumbai. Their family is lower middle class, and father is not working, while her mother is Govt. Employee. We do not want dowry , and will do a court marriage - to which girls side agreed.
    The girl liked me, and I liked the girl, and we met 4-5 times, and talked for hours on phone, and even confessed love for each other.
    From day 1 our family told girls side that I live at Thane, and that after marriage, my wife & I shall live at Thane. But 10 days before marriage, the girls mother alongwith 2 relatives visited my parents house in Mumbai, accusing them of hiding facts about my brother's divorce & accusing that I am living at Mumbai, and not Thane... My parents were taken aback by these false allegations, and promptly broke off the wedding.
    However, by that time I was very much into this girl, and I contacted her on my own, and told her that I would marry her against my parents wishes, and only she should be ready to live with me at Thane.... to which she agreed.
    Now barely 6 days after that, she is pressurising me to marry her in court, where all her relatives would be present, as they don't object to this marriage...
    She also told me that I was gutless and that I needed to be a man and stand up to my parents... and although I was doing just that, I don't know where that came from ?
    I talked to my parents for their permission to marry her, and they told many things that the girls side said to them that were hurtful. When I asked her about it, she denies her parents said that.
    Now she has given me a deadline of 4 days to file marriage papers in Court or she will commit suicide...(because her parents are forcing her to look at other matches)
    Please help me what to do, as my family is dead against this marriage, and I too am having doubts. Is this girl really only after my money, or what ? I don't really know... twice in past her engagement has also broken... I don't know the reason... Also her neighbours say her mother is very short tempered, and always ready to fight... Does that mean this girl will be like her mother ????
    Please help urgently as I don't know what to do, and my family is dead against this relation...

No, Dont go against your parents

Hi

Read your story, i wont say it sounds common but yes heard of such scenario before. As you told that she is giving a deadline for filing & all the crap... I dont think so , she is in love with you. If she is in really loves with u, she should convince her mother to talk to your parents again. Seems to be a trap only but again i will suggest if you really in love with that lady , talk to your parents or may be elder brother first, Take a wise decision. And one more thing, she is not gonna to suicide in any situation, its just an emotional blackmailing.

[QUOTE=soniasarora;293650]Hi

Read your story, i wont say it sounds common but yes heard of such scenario before. As you told that she is giving a deadline for filing & all the crap... I dont think so , she is in love with you. If she is in really loves with u, she should convince her mother to talk to your parents again. Seems to be a trap only but again i will suggest if you really in love with that lady , talk to your parents or may be elder brother first, Take a wise decision. And one more thing, she is not gonna to suicide in any situation, its just an emotional blackmailing.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your views ....... i told her just that ---- to wait some time and she agreed .... she was just bluffing
    Thanks for your help

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Indian Weddings
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh